Lieutenant
# 1 MACO, Leech and Flow Cap
10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Fairly straightforward mechanics questions:

How do
1.the MACO shield's power conduit link
and
2. The Plasmonic leech
vary with the flow capacitors skill? (numbers good, formulas better)

3. From TESTING or USE:
What defines whether the power conduit link or plasmonic leech buff is active at any given moment?

4. How is the leech affected by the FAW double proc weirdness?

(I write this thread after noticing that my Vesta [2x Aux DHC, Omega Torp, 2x Turret, KCB] tends toward the Power Conduit link taking precedence and it made me wonder precisely how the leech and Maco shield interact, beyond the very generic truth of 'they don't stack'. Please note that I am looking for numbers and rules that affects these, I really don't care which people think is better or the like)
Captain
# 2
10-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Plasmonic leech power drain = (FC * 0.01) + 1

The leech is capped at 8 times the drain. Both skills are flat bonuses. If they don't stack, it's idiotic.

Last edited by lucho80; 10-27-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Captain
# 3
10-27-2013, 05:49 PM
The MACO shield does not give a bonus based on Flow Capacitors. Plasmonic Leech and the MACO shield do not stack so as to avoid excessive power bonuses.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
The MACO shield does not give a bonus based on Flow Capacitors. Plasmonic Leech and the MACO shield do not stack so as to avoid excessive power bonuses.
Exactly. To allow them to stack would be OP even though everyone could do it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 5
10-27-2013, 05:56 PM
+2 power bonus is OP combined with leech that goes up to almost 32 at max normal flow caps?
Lieutenant
# 6
10-27-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm aware they don't stack, I somewhat agree*, what I'm asking is what defines which bonus is active at any given second and why.

Also: thanks lucho80 that's the kind of info I'm looking for. btw do you mean 8 stacks?

Mandoknight89: Was it ever said why the Maco shield isn't affected by flow caps (I'd guess that it's because it's not a drain but...)

*Power is drifting through the roof already so I can see a case for non-stacking (so long as you still get the best boost you could get from either at any given moment)

Additional question, how is the leeches performance affected by running less than 8 (energy) weapons. eg. sci ship

Last edited by ericphail; 10-27-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Captain
# 7
10-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericphail View Post
I'm aware they don't stack, I somewhat agree what I'm asking is what defines which bonus is active at any given second and why.

Also: thanks lucho80 that's the kind of info I'm looking for. btw do you mean 8 stacks?

Mandoknight89: Was it ever said why the Maco shield isn't affected by flow caps (I'd guess that it's because it's not a drain but...)
Stacks 8 times. Great console when speced correctly and adding ES3 to it. Heck even ES2 works great on drain boats.
Captain
# 8
10-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
+2 power bonus is OP combined with leech that goes up to almost 32 at max normal flow caps?
It's not just a +2 power bonus, it stacks several times just like the Plasmonic Leech does. If they allowed the two to stack with each other, there would be quite a few more builds that run with semi-permanently capped power levels.

Personally, I think it's fairly obvious that Plasmonic Leech itself is too good, given that even though the drain is blocked by Insulators, the buff isn't, leading to copious amounts of extra power on the user even with modest Flow Caps investment.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Captain
# 9
10-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah gotta admit in my drain science ship I have about 220 in flow caps so get 25 all subsystems while in combat. Might not sound a lot but it means I can run all power in weapons and 50 in aux and still hit 130 aux with shields and engines over 80 and I don't suffer in the energy weapons department. All round great console and I never use the maco because of it.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 10
10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Stacks 8 times. Great console when speced correctly and adding ES3 to it. Heck even ES2 works great on drain boats.
The plasmonic leech has a max stackable of 15, this is in its description and is in fact the amount given when I use it as well.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet