Lt. Commander
The Creative trait description says that the character gets bonus damage and healing with kits.

Boffs do not use kits, though. They have Boff Skills.
On the other hand, Boff Skills mirror the abilities granted by kits almost exactly.

So does "Creative" affect Boff Skills, or is it only useful for main characters?

Peet
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Yes, it helps boffs with skills that do damage or heal.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2012, 06:16 AM
I would have said no. In the old engineering reports when they revamped ground combat, I believe something was said that with the removal of the Science Team, Engineering Team, and Tactical Team nodes on the skill tree that BOff abilities would just improve at a flat rate as you level, in addition to the investment of skill points in their individual skill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Boffs with Creative add to the damage and healing you do with your kit... so if your a Sci or Engineer who relies on kit bowers for damage creative is a ground skill you would like.. Superior Creative would be even better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi3th
The Creative trait description says that the character gets bonus damage and healing with kits.

Boffs do not use kits, though. They have Boff Skills.
On the other hand, Boff Skills mirror the abilities granted by kits almost exactly.

So does "Creative" affect Boff Skills, or is it only useful for main characters?

Peet
This is awesome. Answers so far:

1x Yes, helps them
1x No
1x Helps you, not them
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Alright, if you don't want to take my word for it, look at:
http://www.stowiki.org/Trait:_Creative/boff

I'm pretty sure it was clarified somewhere else, but I can't remember where at the moment. It was a dev post, interview, expanded description, or something else - if I find it, I'll post it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I concur with Ainu. What BreachAndClear is referring to is only a skill system change, nothing to do with traits.

As for the poster that said they apply to the captain instead of the away team, that doesn't fit with any mechanic in the game, but it's easy enough to test, since I have two away teams. My anti-Borg team has no creatives, but my general team has one creative and one superior creative. I would expect my grenades to be noticeably stronger in the second team with double traits stacked on them, but I get the same damage.