Lt. Commander
# 1 Constellation Class
03-31-2012, 05:27 AM
I was thinking the other day about a cool ship that could be imported into the game, the constellation class could be sold on the c-store and come with a picard maneuver ability. I think it would be awsome to have in game. Feel free to leave a comment with and ideas of improvements, additions or even ideas of your own
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2012, 05:29 AM
2nd link in my sig is an idea for the Constellation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2012, 05:47 AM
As with most cool ideas in STO it comes down to Tears, err tiers. The constellation probably wouldn't be a tier 5 ship, so it wouldn't be worth buying, except for the console. Which would probably be a fire everything once (ala Fire at will) regardless of target, break sensor contact (ala the photonic decoy console, then add X speed multiplier for y seconds until we're outside os 10 KM, while we can't fire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2012, 06:04 AM
Since Cryptic has chosen the tiers completely arbitrarily (there is neither a consistent pattern of age nor size recognizable) the only thing standing in the way of Constellation, Ambassador, K't'inga and Constitution/Exeter/Excalibur is if the devs consider them "cool" enough. So, sorry you are out of luck. Welcome to the club.

Personally I would make a Picard Maneuver console a mix of photonic displacer module and short range teleport with a 5 second damage boost.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2012, 08:11 AM
.... wait, the Constellation?
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but, do we not already have a ship in game that is pretty much that ship? The T3 Heavy Cruiser with the 4 nacelles?
Heck, I think it's even been pointed out that the Stargazer class is essentially the successor to the Constellation class.

On another note, I would like to see the Picard maneuver in-game at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2012, 08:23 AM
It would make for a interesting high tier engineering or science power. Probably too OP though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
.... wait, the Constellation?
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but, do we not already have a ship in game that is pretty much that ship? The T3 Heavy Cruiser with the 4 nacelles?
Heck, I think it's even been pointed out that the Stargazer class is essentially the successor to the Constellation class.

On another note, I would like to see the Picard maneuver in-game at some point.
The point is that is not a constellation class any more than the Exeter is a Connie. I have been waiting for a constellation class for 2 years now so that my tier 3 tacks had a decent looking 4 nacelled ship to fly. My opinion of course. I want to fly what I want to fly and you can fly what you want to fly.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Yes! ....but :(
03-31-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Since Cryptic has chosen the tiers completely arbitrarily (there is neither a consistent pattern of age nor size recognizable) the only thing standing in the way of Constellation, Ambassador, K't'inga and Constitution/Exeter/Excalibur is if the devs consider them "cool" enough. So, sorry you are out of luck. Welcome to the club.

Personally I would make a Picard Maneuver console a mix of photonic displacer module and short range teleport with a 5 second damage boost.
It would be amazing to have this ship in-game! Unfortunately, it's waaaayyyyyyyyy to amazing for the Devs to likely put it into the game. They appear to be obsessed with "faction ships".