Lt. Commander
Since the patch, I have been running through 7 different characters at both Fed ESD and Academy, and the Qo'nos and K-Academy in search of a BOFF recruiting assignment.

I have checked Sector, Personal, Department heads, beamed into my ship and talked to my crew, and religiously clicked every assignment offered by the DOFF recruiters.

Not only that, but I play 14+ hours (no exaggeration) per day.

I have yet to find a single BOFF recruiting assignment since patch on any of my seven characters, 14 hour searches per day. :p

Not a single new BOFF. What's the deal here? Are BOFFs only now available as dilith purchases?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2012, 07:01 AM
I saw a 'Recruit Human Science BO' rare assignment at ESD yesterday evening... So the missions are still there, its just that their less common because of all the other 'new' missions that have been added the past few weeks...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttkicker
Since the patch, I have been running through 7 different characters at both Fed ESD and Academy, and the Qo'nos and K-Academy in search of a BOFF recruiting assignment.

I have checked Sector, Personal, Department heads, beamed into my ship and talked to my crew, and religiously clicked every assignment offered by the DOFF recruiters.

Not only that, but I play 14+ hours (no exaggeration) per day.

I have yet to find a single BOFF recruiting assignment since patch on any of my seven characters, 14 hour searches per day. :p

Not a single new BOFF. What's the deal here? Are BOFFs only now available as dilith purchases?
Are you looking for Bridge Officer recruiting assignments (BOFF's), or Duty Officer recruiting assignments (DOFF's)?

If you're looking for DOFF recruiting assignments, you have to go to the academies now for those. There's 4 recruiters, or Personnel Officers, on the grounds of Star Fleet Academy. 1 Vulcan, in the central yard, 1 Human (General Doff's) in the information center, behind Lt. Ferra, and 2 others, an Andorian, and a Tellarite behind the building that Lt. Ferra is in.

With those 4 Personnel officers, you can trade in duty officers, for higher grade ones, or setup a cultural exhange.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
I saw a 'Recruit Human Science BO' rare assignment at ESD yesterday evening... So the missions are still there, its just that their less common because of all the other 'new' missions that have been added the past few weeks...
Well, that's nice.

But my experience is the same as the OP. I have not seen one single BOFF recruiting assignment since the change in DOFF assignment setup. And of those I've talked to about it, you're the only one who claims to have seen one.

And it's rather odd how you always show up to dispute any claim of a problem that anyone posts here in these forums...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337
... And it's rather odd how you always show up to dispute any claim of a problem that anyone posts here in these forums...
I prefer to think of it as claims for 'misinformation'...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejl_99 View Post
Are you looking for Bridge Officer recruiting assignments (BOFF's), or Duty Officer recruiting assignments (DOFF's)?

BOFFs.

I know about the DOFFs and like the changes. Thanks for offering that information anyway.

No matter which character to which I switch, no matter where I am (academy, esd, Qo'nos, space) and no matter which tab I choose (Sector, Personal, or Dept heads), I have yet to see in over 14+ hours of gameplay per day (yesterday was 5am till 11pm - 18 hours! ) not a single BOFF recruiting assignment.

Neither has my son been able to come up with a single BOFF recruiting assignment.

NOTE: upon leveling 15 with one of my fed characters, I was offered a BOFF-choice by Starfleet. These existed before the patch and at least are still in the game. But no recruiting assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttkicker
BOFFs.
No matter which character to which I switch, no matter where I am (academy, esd, Qo'nos, space) and no matter which tab I choose (Sector, Personal, or Dept heads), I have yet to see in over 14+ hours of gameplay per day (yesterday was 5am till 11pm - 18 hours! ) not a single BOFF recruiting assignment.
Granted, they are much rarer now then what they used to be... I've only seen 2 in the past week... when before, you could find 2 - 4 on 'Tour the Universe' pass
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2012, 02:14 PM
i started 3 klingon BOff ones today, first i've seen in a while, but i thought they were ment to be 'very rare' any way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Got lucky this evening.

Out of all my characters, I found a recruit tactical bridge officer assignment offered in the Personal tab while in Omega Leonis sector space.

I logged in another Klingon to take advantage of it and it wasn't there. I'm wondering if it isn't a "global" assignment...

This is the first BOFF assignment I have found in over 41 hours of gameplay since the patch.

Rare, indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2012, 09:57 PM
They show up in personal, but they will only be visible in the sectors that BOff evaluations previously showed up in (ie, Human BOff evals can show up in ESD, Sol, and Sirius). With the personal tab resetting every hour of play, it can be difficult to remember to search out all the spawn points for the assignments and check if it shows in personal.

I find BOff evals on my KDF by checking my personal tab in OL since they have a bunch that can spawn there. My Fed has only seen maybe 4 evals since they moved to personal, but my KDF has seen at least 10.