Lt. Commander
# 1 disruptor autocannon
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know if disruptor tac consoles, attack patterns, tac abilities, etc affect the disruptor autocannon? also, would firing the autocannon at 125 power and no other weapons firing do more total damage than firing the autocannon while firing other weapons?

Thanks,
T
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm fairly sure that the Disruptor consoles effect its base damage, but I do not know if any BOff or Captain abilities do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Firing weapons costs weapon energy. It does not matter if they are identical ones, or if you're running one system of each damage type.

The consoles, abilities and skills for energy weapons and those for disruptors should work as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by padonk
Firing weapons costs weapon energy. It does not matter if they are identical ones, or if you're running one system of each damage type.

The consoles, abilities and skills for energy weapons and those for disruptors should work as usual.
Just to clear up confusion here the Disruptor Autocannon is a console on the Tactical Bortasqu. He's not talking about a stand Disruptor Cannon.

So yeah quite a valid question.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Eye-wise (no combat log) I have noticed that the auto cannon does not lower the power at all. In fact, I have been using it with FaW and havent noticed any extra drain, mouse hovering over the weapons power. For PvP, it is good (not very good though) for using it against cruisers and sci when not with evasive, but i had a 100% miss against a defiant in Kerrat from 6 km away. For PvE tough, its a very good boost.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Once again the Original question was not about power drain but about Weapon Buffs, do the consoles, Captain and Boff abilities (Alpha Pattern, Tac Team, Omega Pattern) boost the Autocannon Consoles DPS?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
I use the Command BortasQ for my engineer with all 3 consoles. I am thinking that I am missing out on some DPS by using Antiproton..... but maybe not. Can the auto cannon be as good as the Garumba javelin with full disruptor specs?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Once again the Original question was not about power drain but about Weapon Buffs, do the consoles, Captain and Boff abilities (Alpha Pattern, Tac Team, Omega Pattern) boost the Autocannon Consoles DPS?
The op question was partially answered. I can state for sure that attack patterns buff the auto cannon. Also, in theory, all energi weapons should be affected by captain skill, such as energy weapon specialization. I had some crits with the auto cannon, comparable to dhc xi/xii purple. That is very hard to test to be sure, in other words, is the auto cannon close to a purple mkxi dhc? Or just a mkx? What are the modifiers? It definitely doesnt have acc mod bc it misses like crazy.

Never had less than 125 power to weapon, but I am almost sure that it would have influence in its damage. In regards to tac team, we need probably to parse the log and compare.

Best would be if one of the cryptic folks would answer this, to clear up our questions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 10:12 AM
no1 else here thinks that CD on autocannon is very high?

i mean come on 3 min just to fire with a 5.5 turn rate ship on a 45 arc

This means that even if i manage the get something in front of me the shot wont be fully cause he will move and the cannon wont be able to complete its 12X shooting phase.

Srsly for a c store console it needs def more love

Consider lowering the CD plz its very high CD considering the dmg and the ARC and the time required to fire a full shot

Cause its DOT dmg and if the target gets out of my 45 arc then it stops firing and the CD is 3 min just for 3x out of 12x shots....

tottally underpowered console if u ask me i was expecting something better

Atm i dont use any of the bortas consoles on my bortas cause they are all CRAP!

Instead i use an EPS console just to rechange my weapon energy just a bit faster when i use FaW's or BO's
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0gra
no1 else here thinks that CD on autocannon is very high?

i mean come on 3 min just to fire with a 5.5 turn rate ship on a 45 arc

This means that even if i manage the get something in front of me the shot wont be fully cause he will move and the cannon wont be able to complete its 12X shooting phase.

Srsly for a c store console it needs def more love

Consider lowering the CD plz its very high CD considering the dmg and the ARC and the time required to fire a full shot

Cause its DOT dmg and if the target gets out of my 45 arc then it stops firing and the CD is 3 min just for 3x out of 12x shots....

tottally underpowered console if u ask me i was expecting something better

Atm i dont use any of the bortas consoles on my bortas cause they are all CRAP!
What would be nice is to allow other universal consoles to be swapped with the 3 ones bortasqu comes with, and keep the set bonus. The snare console is totally useless, especially in pvp due to the low turn rate. Plus the auto cannon has a "warm up" and by the time it starts firing, the disable effect from snare is long gone, thus your target moves away. Also, acc modifier seems to be not present, auto cannon misses too much. So pretty much in pvp you're better by using other consoles than the ones you get with bortasq. Which is not the case for odissey since they have te saucer separation console which is very usefull.

Bortasqu is a fine ship, but the consoles are only good in pve. They should have a console to increase turn rate, or hull strength, or shield emitters, or at least a decent cloak. Thing is that most players are Feds, and their whinings about the "overpowered" kdf are so loud that cryptic needs to baby them, fulfill their wishes and nerf everything kdf has good, then release some toy broken consoles (aka tetha) for kdf to make them shut up.
Quote:
Instead i use an EPS console just to rechange my
weapon energy just a bit faster when i use FaW's or BO's
From what I know, eps only helps in case of beam overload, won't help in case of faw. It used to but it got an update. Try with and without to see. I put 2 eps on both bortasqu and bop and the power drain and the "come back" time to 125 were unchanged.