Lt. Commander
Hello, everyone!!

I have an Alt I created a few days ago, a Female Orion Science Officer.

She's currently in a Dacoit Flight Deck Cruiser, and I plan on upgrading her to a Corsair Flight Deck Cruiser and then to a Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser. Her weapons are going to be primarily Tetryon Beam Arrays, with a Quantum Torp Launcher in front, and a Quantum Mine Launcher in back. She also has the Boarding Party BOff skill, because I've styled her personality as something of a pirate/mad scientist*, and am working on an appropriate background to match.

Anyway, with all that information in hand, what is the best possible build for each of the three ships I mentioned?

I look forward to seeing everyone's replies.

*what I mean by her being a pirate/mad scientist is she often attacks Federation Installations and ships, boards them, takes anything that isn't nailed down, and also kidnaps any female crew members she finds. Those women then become test subjects for her, and she performs horrific experiments on them while testing weapons she creates for the Orion Syndicate and the KDF (I'm in the process of writing a story about her, but it is most decidedly M-Rated, so I doubt it'll go up on this site any time soon).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow. Not a single reply.

Are there really no opinions as to effective builds for the information I provided?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Well, I'd go for skills and BO abilities that drain power and disable ships. Power Syphon, Boarding Party (as you mentioned) and Viral Matrix all work well toward this goal. The Power Syphon drones for carriers are also VERY nasty and can quickly disable the ships they are targeting.

If you can get the Plasmodic Leech Console from one of the c-store destroyers, do. It's a GREAT console that drains power from enemy ships and gives it to you for al long as your weapons fire.

It's nice to see that you're putting a lot of work into you're character's history. I'd be interested in reading it when you're done. Always fun to read, especially when people work at it.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Well, I'd go for skills and BO abilities that drain power and disable ships. Power Syphon, Boarding Party (as you mentioned) and Viral Matrix all work well toward this goal. The Power Syphon drones for carriers are also VERY nasty and can quickly disable the ships they are targeting.

If you can get the Plasmodic Leech Console from one of the c-store destroyers, do. It's a GREAT console that drains power from enemy ships and gives it to you for al long as your weapons fire.

It's nice to see that you're putting a lot of work into you're character's history. I'd be interested in reading it when you're done. Always fun to read, especially when people work at it.

-Quiiliitiila
Thank you.

I'll see what I can do there, and I'll let you know when the background is done.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Let me know what your final build is and how it works out, I'm going to work on a similar build for my Vo'Quv/Karfi.

Also, one of the Orion ships comes with attack shuttles as the equipped hangar launchables (I think it's the final ship). These shuttles capture enemy crew and give them to you as well as laying mines.

Sounds pretty good, but I've never used them.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Let me know what your final build is and how it works out, I'm going to work on a similar build for my Vo'Quv/Karfi.

Also, one of the Orion ships comes with attack shuttles as the equipped hangar launchables (I think it's the final ship). These shuttles capture enemy crew and give them to you as well as laying mines.

Sounds pretty good, but I've never used them.

-Quiiliitiila
I haven't used them either, but I plan to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
As the Starcruiser shares many similarities with the Orion Marauder, it may be worth checking the http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249906 thread in the PVP section, and also check for starcruiser threads in the Fed part of the forums.

Some tips I would suggest though, spec into Flow Capacitors if you're planning on using Tetryon. The phased polarons will also do what tetryons do, but the drain part of the Polaron will also be enhanced by flow capacitors as well as the shield drain on Tetryons.

Also, as you're a science captain, it may help having deuterium burn as a device so you've got a "second evasive manouvers" to help bring you to bear quickly for subnuking things, although Aux2ID would also beh andy for this.

Also, with a cruiser you can rarely go wrong with "emrgency to shields 1" twice in your engineering ensign slots, it'll keep your shield power higher allowing you to spare more for other systems, and it gives extra damage resistance for your shields.

I've never flown either the Marauder or Starcruiser though, so that's why I suggested searching the PVP cruiser thread and Fed section.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Some tips I would suggest though, spec into Flow Capacitors if you're planning on using Tetryon. The phased polarons will also do what tetryons do, but the drain part of the Polaron will also be enhanced by flow capacitors as well as the shield drain on Tetryons.
Wow, can't believe I forgot the flow capacitors... Yes, they are definitely a skill you want to spec into.

Thanks for catching that Ebeneezergoode :^D
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
So for this type of build, specifically for this class of ship that is which set is best. I figure either the Breen set or the Omega Force set?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I find Boarding parties to be terrible in general..

You might be better off with the Orion Slavers as they steal anything the can get their hands on. FDC and all.

Boarding Parties would work better if they had a Priority list, Weapons, Engines, Aux, Shields. I know you'd like shields higher but that would be a bit OP.