Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-05-2012, 06:20 AM
well the OP wants an RP ship build (I'm sorry, 3 builds)... why is the OP asking about how to make it "good"?

These flight deck cruisers are alot like Fed-side cruisers but with only 2 tac consoles and a hangar bay. There are several "good" builds, but none that match you RP story. I mean, OP already said what weapons it wants to use too... not really sure what is expected from us.

Here's a Good build for the marauder that will provide alot of DPS and a good tank:
4x Polaron Cannon, 4x Polaron Turret, Omega Deflector/Shield, Borg Engines

Consoles:
ENG: 4x Neutronium Alloy
SCI: Borg, Ferengi (the one from the lobi store... buffs power transfer and flow capacitors)-replace with a flow cap console if you dont have the ferengi one, +18% shield strength
TAC: 2x Polaron damage

Hangar Bay: Energy Siphon Drones (use Mk II from dilith store if possible)

DoFFs: 2x Purp Conn Officers (the ones that buff TT, not the ones that buff EM)-this allows the chaining of 1 TT all the time, 2x Purp Shield Distro Officers, 1x Purp Warp Core Engineer (the one that buffs all power levels when you use any EP2 skill)

BoFFs:
TT, CSV
EP2W, EP2S2, DEM2, AUX2SIF3
EP2W, EP2S2, DEM2
HE, TBR
TSS

Power Level Settings: 100/50/25/25
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkball View Post
well the OP wants an RP ship build (I'm sorry, 3 builds)... why is the OP asking about how to make it "good"?

These flight deck cruisers are alot like Fed-side cruisers but with only 2 tac consoles and a hangar bay. There are several "good" builds, but none that match you RP story. I mean, OP already said what weapons it wants to use too... not really sure what is expected from us.
Well, since I use my story characters in-game, I want to make sure that the builds for their ships both fit their story profile in-game and do well in PvP and PvE.

I hope that explains what I want better, sharkball.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Well, since I use my story characters in-game, I want to make sure that the builds for their ships both fit their story profile in-game and do well in PvP and PvE.

I hope that explains what I want better, sharkball.
Ahh... well.. if you already know how you want to equip your ship, what hangar you will use, and some of the bridge powers you will use, sounds like you are well on your way to a lolrp fit.

TL;DR: your RP story =/= "do well in PvP and PvE" which is why, to help you, I posted a real fit for you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkball View Post
Ahh... well.. if you already know how you want to equip your ship, what hangar you will use, and some of the bridge powers you will use, sounds like you are well on your way to a lolrp fit.

TL;DR: your RP story =/= "do well in PvP and PvE" which is why, to help you, I posted a real fit for you.
I see.

Well, do you know of a ship that would work better in PvP/PvE with a Pirate Build designed to deplete an enemy's shields and steal their crew? I don't have enough C-Points to get the Marauder at the moment, so I'm actually thinking of switching to a Vo'Quv once the character in question reaches Brig. Gen.

And because I am unable to get the Marauder ATM, I'm switching my Hangar Bay Ships to Orion Slaver Ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
I see.

Well, do you know of a ship that would work better in PvP/PvE with a Pirate Build designed to deplete an enemy's shields and steal their crew? I don't have enough C-Points to get the Marauder at the moment, so I'm actually thinking of switching to a Vo'Quv once the character in question reaches Brig. Gen.

And because I am unable to get the Marauder ATM, I'm switching my Hangar Bay Ships to Orion Slaver Ships.
You know rp wise you can justify anything you want, you dont have to just stick to one thing if you dont like it. i fly this same ship and have a blast. Think of it this way, your a pirate, your gonna use the best if you can get your hands on it, as for 'stealing crew' you would have to feed them, care for them before you could dump them off on the slave market. best to just blast the ship and salvage what you can for sale/use later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
You know rp wise you can justify anything you want, you dont have to just stick to one thing if you dont like it. i fly this same ship and have a blast. Think of it this way, your a pirate, your gonna use the best if you can get your hands on it, as for 'stealing crew' you would have to feed them, care for them before you could dump them off on the slave market. best to just blast the ship and salvage what you can for sale/use later.
Well, she's part pirate, part Mad Scientist, actually. Not all of the crew she steals ends up on the slave market.

She only captures women on her raids, and most (if not all) of her captives tend to end up in her lab, where she uses them as guinea pigs to test the weapons she develops, and her test subjects (who could also be called "victims") end up as bloody corpses on the floor pretty dang often.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
People would proably reply more often if you used aqua over blue. Can barely read the blue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
People would proably reply more often if you used aqua over blue. Can barely read the blue
Yes, people have mentioned problems reading straight up blue. Either they couldn't read it or it hurt their eyes. I used deep sky blue for a time, but I decided to change it, so I started using royal blue, like I am now. And I haven't heard any complaints.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 AM.