Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaguta.oleksandr View Post
1. Cryptics not will block access from Russia (in Russia living many lifetime subscribers).
2. PW limited registration from Russia becouse in Russia working Russian PW server (but item prices much higher than in Europe)
About farud - In USA frauds no less than in Russia (100%). And why everyone thinks that all evil coming from Russia?
From StormShade (Cryptic's head community guy) on the CO forums, specifically in regards to someone asking about Russia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey gang,

So a couple of quick things:

1) The following Regions will not be able to access Champions once the account merger is fully completed:
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • The Republic of Korea
  • Macao
  • Russia
  • Taiwan
  • Vietnam

So, I'm sorry Aunel, but that region block is permanent. These regions are blocked by PWE due to a large amount of fraud attempts that we see from these areas. That said, we're going to be looking into this a little more, so don't give up all hope.

[...]

Thanks,

Stormshade
Source

CO/STO essentially use the same servers (mail and custom chat channels even function cross game). So, yeah....

Whether or not there is or isn't more fraud per capita coming from Russia is entirely irrelevant as, according to Cryptic's main community liaison they believe there is more and that's apparently why they may end up blocking the region.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
From StormShade (Cryptic's head community guy) on the CO forums, specifically in regards to someone asking about Russia:



Source

CO/STO essentially use the same servers (mail and custom chat channels even function cross game). So, yeah....

Whether or not there is or isn't more fraud per capita coming from Russia is entirely irrelevant as, according to Cryptic's main community liaison they believe there is more and that's apparently why they may end up blocking the region.
I find it ironic that PWE is going to block china. Considering who their parent company is....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
In Soviet Russia, STO plays YOU. (sorry couldn't resist)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
In Soviet Russia, STO plays YOU. (sorry couldn't resist)
I wanted to say that!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaguta.oleksandr View Post
In any way in Canada everyone know English.
This is not true.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaguta.oleksandr View Post
Have Cryptics (or PW) plans for localization STO to Russian? In Russia living many fans of Star Trek Online and others MMORPG. Now game was translated to German and French. What language will be next?
i knew this question was coming for a few days, even mentioned it on a thread, read down to my reply.

lets just hope cryptic can get a few more translators on board for various languages including russian.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaguta.oleksandr View Post
Have Cryptics (or PW) plans for localization STO to Russian? In Russia living many fans of Star Trek Online and others MMORPG. Now game was translated to German and French. What language will be next?
Being an avid fan of IL-2 and other Russian produced combat flight sims... I am all for seeing Russian players in STO! They are very fun to play and chat with :3


I have seen some ships with .RU notes in their character bios so Russian STO players are definitely around now

I have fond memories on IL-2 Russian servers and since there was like, 45 minutes to fly those vintage propeller planes to the target area to and fro, I went on the voice server and chatted them up.

I don't know a word of Russian but making cat noises kind of worked. Universal meow language
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Being an avid fan of IL-2 and other Russian produced combat flight sims... I am all for seeing Russian players in STO! They are very fun to play and chat with :3


I have seen some ships with .RU notes in their character bios so Russian STO players are definitely around now

I have fond memories on IL-2 Russian servers and since there was like, 45 minutes to fly those vintage propeller planes to the target area to and fro, I went on the voice server and chatted them up.

I don't know a word of Russian but making cat noises kind of worked. Universal meow language
Go play the MMO Pirates of the Burning Sea and you will get a whole new look at your Russian players.

After playing that I hope they keep the Russian players out as that post from Stormshade shows they may.

Worst players I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

And when I say worst I do not mean playing ability but their attitudes and all around behavior.Most deplorable group of players I have ever seen in any game.

Keep em out I say.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
Go play the MMO Pirates of the Burning Sea and you will get a whole new look at your Russian players.

After playing that I hope they keep the Russian players out as that post from Stormshade shows they may.

Worst players I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

And when I say worst I do not mean playing ability but their attitudes and all around behavior.Most deplorable group of players I have ever seen in any game.

Keep em out I say.
I do not understand why Russian worst players?! Can you explain pls?!
I have seen that there is a lot of bad players from the USA, but that does not mean that all Americans are bad players.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I wanted to say that!!
Me too!

Have you guys seen the U.S.S. InRussiaStarshipNameYou or some such flying around? Lol
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.