Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Limit at 50
03-31-2012, 05:04 PM
The Character Limit per Account seems to be 50 (or at least its impossible to buy additional slots in the cstore for me when having 50 characters). is this a bug and if not are there any plans this might be increased in the future? otherwise i might need to consider a second account (if that is allowed?) to level new toons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't imagine there are many people 50 characters, or many with alts even approaching that many characters, so I don't see it being anywhere on the list of important updates for Cryptic at the moment. Something like increasing the shipyard slots is probably a higher priority than increasing the number of characters one person can have on an account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking its time for a intervention maybe
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Uh, why do you have fifty characters? Just delete a couple if you want to make new ones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 01:20 AM
I also do not see it as a critical problem, i just wanted to raise awareness that there is a limit as i have found no one reaching/mentioning it before or it mentioned on the cstore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Uh, why do you have fifty characters? Just delete a couple if you want to make new ones.
you can only use one ship at a time as you can characters on a account. so by that argument people who want more ship slots should just delete some ships (and they even get them back quick if they are from the c store). but you wont get back a character with specific traits and race that easily (even more so at max level). so i think if more ship slots is a valid concern so is character slots. (i make no order of importance here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerasGunn
so I don't see it being anywhere on the list of important updates for Cryptic at the moment. Something like increasing the shipyard slots is probably a higher priority than increasing the number of characters one person can have on an account. so I don't see it being anywhere on the list of important updates for Cryptic at the moment. Something like increasing the shipyard slots is probably a higher priority than increasing the number of characters one person can have on an account.
on the other hand being a programmer, my personal guess would be its quite easy and can be done changing a constant in the code. it wont even need an UI change since its already a list with a slider.

so cryptic: if you want to have more cstore points from me for buying character slots please increase the limit.

any official stand on the possibility of creating a second account?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Do you also happen to be the kind of programmer that farms ECs with 50 toons and sells them on STOCRED.com?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKcS View Post
Do you also happen to be the kind of programmer that farms ECs with 50 toons and sells them on STOCRED.com?
is it allowed to advertise ec credit selling sites on the forum even if they are hypothetical?

and btw: no, because its against the terms of service and its more efficient working an hour in the real world. i have never sold ec or bought it besides indirectly from cryptic (e.g. lockbox keys). besides making ec doesnt really scale well with more toons in my opinion. around 5 toons with around 200 exchange slots and alternating mission cooldown are enough i would say.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_Baily
The Character Limit per Account seems to be 50
They won't sell me anymore yet, and I'm only at 45;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKcS View Post
Everyone who likes to play the game another way than you is automatically considered a cheater/botter/goldseller, right? Hm...if you buy your credits there, maybe ask them for a bonus on your next buy because of the advertisement on here.

Quote:
any official stand on the possibility of creating a second account?
The former recruit a friend program could be considered a official statement, tons of people around with one main and 5 recruited accounts, I have only 1...my fault.

Quote:
besides making ec doesnt really scale well with more toons
You get damn sick amounts of credits with doffs and the new haggle assignments of course, other stuff gets trashed in the replicator, not worth looking at it, made around 600m+ in 1 month just taking the stuff right in front of my nose, now I make less, because the stuff doesn't sell so high/gool anymore, except contraband but I need the most for myself. I'm mainly interested in dilithium, going for 100k storepoints...it's fun and shouldn't take me long to get there...don't know what crazy stuff I will do next, maybe quit for a while.

By the way...Cryptic, sell me the 5 missing slots!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeesh, and I was starting to think six characters was too many...