Lt. Commander
# 1 STF vendor proposal
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
k sence it is very hard for some players to get any salvage or tech after hours of grinding stf's how about this:

MK X: 20 EDC's, Common Tech
Mk XI: 40 EDC'S, 4 Rare salvage, Rare Tech
MK XII: 80 EDC's, 2 Prototype Salvage, Prototype Tech

just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 04:03 PM
^^ this.... tired of seeing the blue junk in my invo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Seconded!

Because of classes and other life things, I don't have the time to farm STFs for HOURS AND HOURS with the hope of getting a SUPER OMG RARE drop that may never come. Stick em in a store for a large amount of EDC and give people something to peck away at. It's better than going with little to no hope of getting what you work for.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I think making the mark XII set pieces purchasable is a great idea but I think the system is set up the way it is currently so people will have to run elites instead of just running a bunch of normals.

I think this issue can be solved by having elites drop a token that will only drop in elites but can be downgraded to the current EDC. Then use the elite only token for mark xii purchases.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I think 60 is a bit more fair.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaniWarBear View Post
I think making the mark XII set pieces purchasable is a great idea but I think the system is set up the way it is currently so people will have to run elites instead of just running a bunch of normals.

I think this issue can be solved by having elites drop a token that will only drop in elites but can be downgraded to the current EDC. Then use the elite only token for mark xii purchases.
Given that EDC drops twice as fast in an Elite and that elites aren't that hard (at least space ones) if you have a competent group, I'm not sure it's that important.

Personally, even when I'm grinding X or XI sets, I STILL play Elites. I don't need an extra incentive.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 07:50 AM
while were at it.. move all the stf vendors to starbase 82.. ds9 is fun but meh... wouldm ake more sense if the borg junk is being sold in a system infested with borgies...

timewise set it after the player has completed infected space & ground atleast once before they can go there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
while were at it.. move all the stf vendors to starbase 82.. ds9 is fun but meh... wouldm ake more sense if the borg junk is being sold in a system infested with borgies...

timewise set it after the player has completed infected space & ground atleast once before they can go there.
We don't currently have a Starbase 82 though, it'd need to be built. That said, I'm all for a reason to head out to Gamma Orionis again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th
We don't currently have a Starbase 82 though, it'd need to be built. That said, I'm all for a reason to head out to Gamma Orionis again.
whatever the infected starbase is... just throw the borg npcs out... throw in some maco,omega and honor guard personnel... plus the good old tailor,exchange guy,mail guy and rapair/medic guys... a guy who sells hypos etc... leave the plasma on in the boss room so people can learn to jump and walaa bobs your uncle.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Id so love this to happen, then id actually have the chance to get the mk12 ground gear.....
It wont though because Gozer could care less what we want as said by himself on numerous occasions