Lt. Commander
# 1 [Bug] Disappearing Drink
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello.

I thought this might be the most appropriate sub forum for this though it is related to the Duty Officer section too. If not, please move as appropriate.

Issue is as follows.

Just completed the Duty Officer job "Pour a Drink" which gave me a bottle of Cardassian Kanar.

Picture: Cardassian Kanar

I noticed however on logging out and back in that my drink had disappeared and that i'd gotten a Tribble (dea) in it's place.

Picture: Random Tribble

Leading up to this i'd previously had drinks and food items disappear which lead to me watching out for it, though I don't recall if they were replaced in each instance with a Tribble or other item.

I've had this happen with these duty officer quest as well as drops from questing. So far i'm not aware of this happening with common food / drink consumables.

It got to the point that i'd try sending them in the mail to myself to see if it would make a difference. It did and I still have some in my mail for when I need them.

Although hardly the most pressing of matters, I thought I should make it known nonetheless.

Regards.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechillum
Hello.

I thought this might be the most appropriate sub forum for this though it is related to the Duty Officer section too. If not, please move as appropriate.

Issue is as follows.

Just completed the Duty Officer job "Pour a Drink" which gave me a bottle of Cardassian Kanar.

I noticed however on logging out and back in that my drink had disappeared and that i'd gotten a Tribble (dea) in it's place.

Leading up to this i'd previously had drinks and food items disappear which lead to me watching out for it, though I don't recall if they were replaced in each instance with a Tribble or other item.

I've had this happen with these duty officer quest as well as drops from questing. So far i'm not aware of this happening with common food / drink consumables.

It got to the point that i'd try sending them in the mail to myself to see if it would make a difference. It did and I still have some in my mail for when I need them.

Although hardly the most pressing of matters, I thought I should make it known nonetheless.

Regards.
If u got a tribble sitting there with food it will eat it and then u will end up with more tribbles the best thing u can do if u don't want it to eat your stuff is keep your tribbles on your Boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logix156 View Post
If u got a tribble sitting there with food it will eat it and then u will end up with more tribbles the best thing u can do if u don't want it to eat your stuff is keep your tribbles on your Boffs.
Well, I remember they Tribbles liking quite a feed on the shows but never thought that they'd go nuts in my inventory. :p

Just seems a little random though I guess it makes sense if intended.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Well, I remember they Tribbles liking quite a feed on the shows but never thought that they'd go nuts in my inventory. :p

Just seems a little random though I guess it makes sense if intended.
Lol you can breed tribbles to get all different sorts but I Am not sure of the full ins and outs of it. But they will eat your stuff
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Not sure if your intreasted but here is a pick for tribble breeding
http://www.stowiki.org/File:Tribble_Breeding_Chart.png
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Hello.

Issue is as follows.

Regards.
Lolz, noob...

JK

Tribbles will always eat your food, and spawn new tribbles. Its pretty fun to make new speices. Feed a tribble a comet cocktail, you'll like the result.

(or feed a tribble a baked tribble...)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
(or feed a tribble a baked tribble...)
Cannibalism!

Cheers for the info guys. I feel a little less noobish... only a little!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Cannibalism!
Literally. The result is a Cannibal Tribble, which then goes on to eat other tribbles.

Having one in your inventory can help prevent other tribbles from breeding - it'll usually eat them before they multiply.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Literally. The result is a Cannibal Tribble, which then goes on to eat other tribbles.

Having one in your inventory can help prevent other tribbles from breeding - it'll usually eat them before they multiply.
In my imagination I have a toon that uses cannibal tribbles to create tribble carcasses and ship them all to the Klingons but I guess the war ruined all that possibility of interstellar profit