Lt. Commander
# 1 help choosing a set
04-01-2012, 12:25 PM
i was wondering which set i should go for an endgame kdf tac ship, going for the destroyer. i was leaning toward honor but the surviving bonus from borg might be worth it, and i'm not sure how strong the shield drain from Omega is. i use only heavy beam cannons currently, but with the skills i chose most ships don't last long.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I use 3 part Borg and the khg shield on my bop, but I see others use this config as well. I am not sure though whether this is a good setup for a cruiser as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Depends on how much effort you want to spend on getting your set. Jem'Hadar and Breen sets are easy to get, Borg set require a maximum of 15 STF runs. The STF sets can either take 3 runs (very improbable) up to over a hundred runs (far more likely). Personally, I like my Borg Set since it looks cool and it fits my Captain since she is a Liberated Borg with some partially assimilated crew (couple of Borg Doffs, Borg Science Boff, Borg Engineering Boff, and using the 7 of 9 costume implants on my female Boffs). Makes me slightly disappointed that there are no Borg Interiors since my ship is Borgified.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
i'm wondering what the best set would be regardless of cost, a goal to work for. right now i have enough chips to get the full borg set if i wanted to. just got one piece for XI engines which is why i came here. currently running full jem'hadar set.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Seems the best setup is 3 piece borg and one of the STF shields.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-01-2012, 08:24 PM
however, a polaron filled ship with the Jem hadar set (or at least 2 pieces of it.) Is a good start for those first getting into STF's due to the increased damage of the 2 piece bonus. I have a sci oddy on my VA engie who just started STFing and using Polaron weaponry with it let me pretty much solo the probes with no problem on KA elite with no anti-borg weaponry.

only times i died in that STF was to the Tact cube exploding with me very enjured and too close to it and to the end boss, who mysteriously killed our entire team wihtout using the Thalaron blast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
For my Gumby, I go with 3 pieces of the Borg set (Console, Engines & Deflector) with Honor Guard shields. Best value for the shield money and tough to beat the Borg 2 & 3 piece set bonuses.