Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Its really sad that the starter ships have the same layout and interior mass as an Odyssey...

When a captain ranks up and unlocks access to better ships, each rank should unlock a new section of the ship to simulate "expansion". And maybe some interactable NPCs like a Doctor in Sick Bay and an Engineer in the Engineering Lab for those times when you fail an Advanced/Elite missions and need to heal/repair. Food Vendor at the Lounge (in the kitchen area), Tailor (or holographic) in your quarters, Dabo table at the corner section of the Lounge in place of where there is a card table, and for endgame ships Mail/bank access from your office. There is an interactable npc in the Transporter Room so thats a start.

But standard should be when you change the bridge layout the rest of the interior of the ship should match it too. Aswell as the generic "starfleet officer" tag on the npcs be replaced with duty officer names that you have on your roster. And they should also be saluting you (at the very least addressing you) like some do on Earth Space Dock.

If it doesn't sound worthwhile to do maybe putting some of these up for sale on the C-Store might interest you. I know ALOT of people would be willing to spend on that. After all people spend on Master Keys for just a chance to get an certain item

Some of these should be able to be unlockable and not simply buyable though...

The Dabo table for example can be unlocked by acheiving the "Loaded" Accolade (win 1,000,000 GPL), and paying 1mil Gold-Pressed Latinum from a vendor in Drozana Station. If that seems to easy maybe add a new accolade "Overloaded" (win 10,000,000 GPL) and up the purchase price to 10mil.

I digress... are there any plans for improving the interior of ships?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I agree, more clickable stuff in the interior, ability to change crew uniforms to match mine and my bridge officer's, Items that we can pick up in game that we can add to our ship, etc.

And why do I always have to have a frickin' aquarium, anyway? I hate fish. Why not a terrarium with alien life forms... I mean even the fish are terran...
And have you ever had to clean it up after a battle or the ship loses gravity? And why can't I get even one lousy cup of coffee from my replicator?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree on at least one point - we need more personally customizable basic sections of our ship - like, who put all those crazy plants in my captain's quarters? I don't even like plants. My room looks like a crazy cat-lady's room, except instead of crazy, mismatched, and slightly unpleasant looking cats, I have a bunch of crazy, mismatched and slightly unpleasant looking plants. I'd like to pick perhaps at least some basic themes for key places in your interior

so yes, starship interior expansion - that would be a key selling point for luxury spenders, at least in my eyes
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
One of the things that gets me with the lounge is that it's WAY to oversized. Even if you have Chef duty officers there's never anyone cooking and most of the time even my crew doesn't venture in there. The lounge really needs to be rescaled and instead of having the upper door/hallway to leave the lounge add in an officers lounge and put the poker table in there.

Also it take about a whole 20 mins to recreate an entire deck in Google Sketchup, and another 20 mins of messing around to figure out how to change the layouts to add in holodecks, a captain's quarters that doesn't need a mile long hall so the NPCs don't open the doors, a smaller and more functional lounge, changing the bridge deck to include a conference room, or the engineering deck to include more engineering and sci labs that could be made more functional, shuttlebay, cargo bay, cargobay with a few borg alcoves for Borg Bridge officers.

Now granted there's obviously more to it than just graphically redoing the layouts, but with the new FE there is a usuable holodeck (which really is the same one used on STA), there are plenty of medical NPCs and modifying a medical NPC to be a engineering NPC (to beable to purchase repair components from/do ship repairs) wouldn't take much to do on their end. As someone suggested already Dabo is also already an in game asset. Mostly everything we want/need is already in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I just found out about the Layout resizing from Large, Medium, and Small... ok... I switched to the Large Interior but now look... all those closed doors.

Buahaha! to lightjammer and KermitGB to their hate for fish and plants in the office and the catwoman room comment, lol. They should implement the Aquarium spot changeable to one of the Floor Trophies you have aswell as displayable trophies in your quarters.

Also the "confrence room" bit... we have it in the ship somewhere, its called the Meeting Room though... and its only accessable via Diplomacy Daily missions Make it accessable!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-29-2012, 06:30 AM
I would like to see a feature where you can change the uniform on your duty officers on your ship just like the boffs. But instead of changing for every individual you can only change how each engineer, tactical and science officer look like.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Whats going on here...

With the new 4k bundle for 3 console... I mean Odysseys they could have added a new ship interior to the bundle like they did with the Deep Space Nine or the TOS bundles. They already made an Eye-Candy Bridge, lol. For 4k I would think a tad more effort could have been made.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Holodecks would be a fantastic edition to a ship.

You could play Scenario's or Training exercises in there, Essentially choose the program and load in like beaming down to a planet, when you explore a star cluster.

Although I think they should deal with shipboard situations like repelling boarders or emergencies.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Although I think they should deal with shipboard situations like repelling boarders or emergencies.
How about missions where your ship is really boarded and you have to fight off boarding parties in the ship interior you chose?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
How about missions where your ship is really boarded and you have to fight off boarding parties in the ship interior you chose?
Even better, but check out Blog 33.
We seem to be getting alot of enhancements to the ship interiors. For example the ability to go in and have your deployable turret schematics instantly made.

Let's hope it gives me a reason to walk around my ship.