Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I really enjoy playing STO and am glad to see new content and new ideas being incorporated all the time.

For what it's worth, here are a few ideas of my own:

* Ability to spawn Borg drones within your ship's interior -- you and your bridge crew can then explore the ship in an attempt to rid it of the Borg invaders. (Inspired by Star Trek First Contact).

* Ability to navigate sector space from your ship's bridge. Use the consoles to set a course.

* Ability to sound yellow and red alert, change view screen image, hail another ship/contact, etc from bridge.

* Ability to eject warp core, alter power levels, perform a diagnostic, etc from Main Engineering.

* Ability to lie on biobeds in sick bay and perform a medical scan.

* Ability to use replicators in lounge -- see the item materialise and then claim it for inventory.

* Addtion of a holodeck to ship's interior -- load scenes such as interior of Borg cube, a relaxing garden, outer space, alien landscapes, ground combat scenarios, etc.

* Ability to space walk on exterior hull of one's own ship and perform repairs.

I know that many of these ideas may be unrealistic at this stage, but most are possible in the Star Trek sims of the game Second Life.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Martin_Jestyr
I
* Ability to navigate sector space from your ship's bridge. Use the consoles to set a course.
This has been beaten to death, numerous times.

for technical reasons, it can't be done, it has been explained numerous times as well, IF you want to learn about it I'd suggest a forums search on the topic.

most of your other suggestions had some interest, but this, just won't happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd love to see a Holodeck even if it was on the hubs (ESD, DS9, Qu'nos) so I could load an enemy ship and test my ship against it.

Or load a ground mission and test my Away Team.

Remember the Bajoran Holodeck assignments something like that everywhere. Charge ECs for it if you want. In fact charge extra to run allow us to test things.

Thinking about a Dreadnought?, go to the Holodeck build and fly it, if you like it you know to buy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-02-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Charge ECs for it if you want.
Yes! If they wanted to go down that route, they could add holosuites to Quark's bar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
This has been beaten to death, numerous times.

for technical reasons, it can't be done, it has been explained numerous times as well, IF you want to learn about it I'd suggest a forums search on the topic.

most of your other suggestions had some interest, but this, just won't happen.
Sorry. It's the first time I have posted to this forum -- I wasn't aware that it had been done to death. I'll look it up. If sector space itself cannot be navigated via the bridge, maybe they could come up with a way of just giving the illusion of travelling and setting a course for RP purposes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Honestly, if they can do Transwarp from sector space, they could do it from a console in the ship. Instead of "leave ship interior" putting us back where we were, it loads the appropriate sector instead. Although some of us might want to enjoy the ride in transit, too. ;P
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
This has been beaten to death, numerous times.

for technical reasons, it can't be done, it has been explained numerous times as well, IF you want to learn about it I'd suggest a forums search on the topic.

most of your other suggestions had some interest, but this, just won't happen.
It can be done. It is not hard to make a countdown timer and have a helmsmen, or console for choosing destination. What the DEVs say is impossible is having us be able to be in our ship, and see outside, and others see our ship. The "TIMER TRAVEL" doesnt require this, all it needs is a simple math calculation in the background. Basically they just do the opposite of Transwarp code, instead of a cooldown after use, it has countdown before you arrive at your destination.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
It can be done. It is not hard to make a countdown timer and have a helmsmen, or console for choosing destination. What the DEVs say is impossible is having us be able to be in our ship, and see outside, and others see our ship. The "TIMER TRAVEL" doesnt require this, all it needs is a simple math calculation in the background. Basically they just do the opposite of Transwarp code, instead of a cooldown after use, it has countdown before you arrive at your destination.
Though on a more practical matter... What happens when you try to 'return to sector space' while in transit? Is that just not an option? Or if you're drawn away for a PvE or PvP? Does the counter still tick down?

What about setting a course and then logging out?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
Though on a more practical matter... What happens when you try to 'return to sector space' while in transit? Is that just not an option? Or if you're drawn away for a PvE or PvP? Does the counter still tick down?

What about setting a course and then logging out?
Simple solution, it puts you in sector space where you last were. Other suggestions I have offered include a waypoint system, and so it exits at the last waypoint crossed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 PM.