Lt. Commander
# 1 Critique My Build (Science)
04-07-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm using a Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit

I play a lot of STF's and I try to build around that.

Weapons:

Fore:
Antiproton Beam Array MK XII [ACC] [Crt H] [Borg]

Quantum Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Crt D] [Crt H] [Borg]

Dual Antiproton Beam Bank MK XII [ACC] [Crt H] [Borg]

Aft:
Transphasic Torpedo Launcher MK XII [Crt D] [Crt H] [Borg]

Antiproton Beam Array MK XII [ACC] [Crt H] [Borg]

Tricobalt Mobile Device Launcher MK XII [Crt D] [Crt H] [Borg]

Deflector:
Assimilated Deflector Array

Impulse:
Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines

Shields:
Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array

Device:
Scorpion Fighters
Deuterium Surplus (2)
Weapons Battery (7)

Consoles

Engineering:
Emergency Forcefields MK X

RCS Accelerator MK X

Field Emitter MK XI

Science:
Assimilated Module

Countermeasure System MK XI

Particle Generator MK X

Ablative Generator

Tactical
Antiproton Mag Regulator MK X

Zero Point Quantum Chamber MK X

Power Settings:

100/50/25/25 (full power to weapons) but for some reason it's 105/58/30/45

Bridge Officer Stations:

Lt Tactical:
Torpedo: High Yield I

Torpedo: Spread II

Lt. Engineering :
Engineering Team I

Emergency Power to Shields II

Cmdr Science:
Hazard Emitters I

Tractor Repulsers I

Tyken's Rift II

Gravity Well III

Lt Cmdr Science:
Polarize Hull I

Feedback Pulse I

Viral Matrix I

Ens Science:
Jam Sensors I

Borg Assimilated Tractor Beam from the set.

Any advice would help. Tell me what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong. What I should fix and what I should leave alone. And feedback is appreciated I feel like I'm playing science wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Basically that is a really bad build, look at the other thread on here and check over some of the builds I have been trying lately and just copy one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Basically that is a really bad build, look at the other thread on here and check over some of the builds I have been trying lately and just copy one of them.
Yea, but is that setup also good for the LRSV Retrofit. Because I actually like the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I would recommend changing some things.

Fore weapons:
drop dual beam bank for antiproton beam array

Aft:
drop transphasic torpedo launcher for fourth antiproton beam array
change tricobalt launcher to quantum torpedo launcher

You can leave the borg set in my opinion, just make sure that your BOFFs have good shield hull abilities. That in mind, since the autonomous regeneration passive ability is improved by hull heal rate, change all your engineering consoles to SIF Generators. You'll notice the random hull heals are more generous this way.

Ditch the ablative hull armor, not very useful in STF. Leave the assimilated module in a science slot, but maybe switch to the shield emitter console, the way that improves shield healing rate.

Leave your tac consoles alone.

I don't see anything wrong with your BOFF abilities. If you retrained a tac officer to have tactical team 1 or 2 that wouldn't be bad -- it grants extra crit points (a big deal with all AP weapons) and it automatically redistributes your shields to where you're taking damage.

Good luck!

Oh, also, if you have 40 EDCs to burn, you might get a borg duty officer. Get the space projectile weapons officers and put them on active duty -- they'll help make sure you have a constant stream of quantum torps at your disposal.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Is the ablative generator good for anything?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Get rid of your rear torps, and add beam arrays, to many skill, and not enough to keep you alive, I like the gravity we'll three, the next skill on that officer should be science team three, then tractor repulsion, then polarize hull one. The lt commander should be hazards emitters three, tachyon beam two, and transfer shield strength. The ensign spot could be another transfer shield strength. The lt engineer should be emergency poer to shields one and aux to structural integrity one or emergencym power to shields two. The tac spot shuold have one torp attack and one beam attack. The weapons should have two duals one torp up front and two to three beam arrays, I use one of my rear for mines at times. On another science build I have is two single croons one dual beam array up front and three turrets in the rear. That build uses tetryon weapons with target shields, and cannon respond fire., no torps. It looks like you need a respec to. Your aux power is to low, alone with your shield strength. Science is the most difficult class to build because your have to stay durable and still spend points in your science abilities. It is very tricky. Remember you are not the dps dealer, you are the support craft. A good science toon in stfs is used for crownd control. Or so much for attack. If you have any questionslease seek me out in the game. I might not be the best sciencebut I am pretty good on what I run.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2012, 08:54 PM
If it's not too much to ask, could someone show me what needs to be done on here?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2012, 09:09 PM
You could try this.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=ArtemisPvE3_0

Use Tractor, Shockwave and Gravity Well to halt probes. Shockwave could be any ability, but Ive kept it in for PvP purposes.

Plenty of heals, crowd control and AoE.

It keeps Weapons and Shields at max, plus Aux at around 100.
The trick is to start off with high Aux setting, use Siphon Energy, then switch back to your regular energy setting. Rinse and repeat every minute. Cycle EPtS using a macro. Use the MACO shields and Assimilated console for more energy.

Use DBBx2, Quantum up front and 3 turrets in rear. No reason to run beam arrays if you can always point forward.

Get 2x anti proton mag regulators for the tactical slots.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
You could try this.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=ArtemisPvE3_0

Use Tractor, Shockwave and Gravity Well to halt probes. Shockwave could be any ability, but Ive kept it in for PvP purposes.

Plenty of heals, crowd control and AoE.

It keeps Weapons and Shields at max, plus Aux at around 100.
The trick is to start off with high Aux setting, use Siphon Energy, then switch back to your regular energy setting. Rinse and repeat every minute. Cycle EPtS using a macro. Use the MACO shields and Assimilated console for more energy.

Use DBBx2, Quantum up front and 3 turrets in rear. No reason to run beam arrays if you can always point forward.

Get 2x anti proton mag regulators for the tactical slots.
Estimation of power values are a little to high,

You are correct tho 2DBB, Launcher and 3Turrets is he highest DPS possible on the Imtrepid. Problem is you need 125 weapon power to do this, you can't get 125 weapon power, along with 125 shield power and 125 aux power at the same time, you can get close with enough FlowC to alow energy siphon to run longer than its cooldown however because you need to switch targets as the one with ES3 is dead, your power levels will plumet.

See this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=264798
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Estimation of power values are a little to high,

You are correct tho 2DBB, Launcher and 3Turrets is he highest DPS possible on the Imtrepid. Problem is you need 125 weapon power to do this, you can't get 125 weapon power, along with 125 shield power and 125 aux power at the same time, you can get close with enough FlowC to alow energy siphon to run longer than its cooldown however because you need to switch targets as the one with ES3 is dead, your power levels will plumet.

See this thread http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=264798
I'm on that thread right now. Those builds aren't for the intrepid.