Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
If they do keep it around I think it would be cool to let you select your next ship a few levels before hand, so on subsequent visits you could see her being built. also, I'd like to see a commissioning ceremony and shakedown mission
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Agreement here
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Agreed.

Whoa, how did you do THAT?

You know the Dominion "The 2800" episodes?

Accept the last mission "Boldly They Rode" where you will start the mission in the bridge of a Dominion ship. You will be somehow invited to start the proceedings, and then conduct the spacewalk to infiltrate DS9.

You will be placed in an airlock to retrieve and equip the EVA suit. Equip the suit, and then do not exit the airlock.

Log out of the game.

Log back in, and you will be with your own ship in Sector Space hovering above DS9. Re-enter the mission "Boldly They Rode". With any luck (assuming no one fixed the glitch to date) you will be spawned somewhere in outer space on the exterior hull of your starship

There's nothing to do there but you can walk around the exterior hull, or certain sections of it as you can't jump around to get onto other modules. For the RSV I appeared on the starboard pylon and was able to walk on the pylon only.

Just bear in mind that 'hull inspection' is a glitch and not supported by Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If theres nothing to do there... meh...

If they have something to do... Sure... why not.
I am sure there will be an Exchange or Bank, and some random NPC's :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Another feature they could work in later on would be having a console with a survey on different aspects or concepts for ships they are considering making. It wouldn't be anything too elaborate but make a few simple questions that they could change monthly or what not just to get some direct player input on concepts or whatever.

I've seen more and more players and Cryptic staff becoming more and more concerned and vocal about the separation between Developers and players and Developers more worried about angering players. The simple fact is when you take one something as ingrained into culture like Star Trek you also take one the responsibility and duty to continue that legacy. On the same not we as players have to have faith in the Developers that they will in fact honor the legacy of Star Trek, but also help to ensure it's future. Some how these two simple truths seem to becoming a forgotten fact.

It was my hope by creating this petition that Cryptic would honor this player request not only because this is something that would be new for players, but also because it would go a long way in restoring player faith in Cryptics ability/willingness to honor the Star Trek Legacy, and Cryptics faith in the players that not all of us only use our voices to criticize every decision they make and that we do in fact have faith that Devs and players working together can benefit not only the dev/player relationship, but that by working together we can help make sure Star Trek Has a long and prosperous future.

I Really love seeing all the different ideas people have been coming up with as possible uses for a map that was at least for the time being only meant to be very limited time. Keep the ideas or even just the support for this idea coming people.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-03-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree on this one
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Signed, besides this would be a great place for foundry contacts.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
*Signs* Please keep the map in!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Utopia Planitia is as much of an integral part of Star Trek as is the Star Fleet Academy, Earth Space Dock, and countless other aspects in the game as well as Star Trek overall.

When I first heard about the First Contact Day event and that they were finally giving some long overdue attention to something that has been so obviously missing in this game I got really excited about the possibilities. Now we're being told it's only going to be around for a very limited time.

I'm Hereby petitioning Cryptic to leave U.P.S. as a playable map in the game after the event. With the simple addition of a bank, exchange, ship selection and customization consoles along with ship weapon and equipment vendors this could easily become a social map for people to use if they chose to. It'll probably never see enough usage to go beyond needing 1 instance. Adding a bar/club/longue more like the ten forward or Quark's compared to a club 47 style would facilitate a more social setting and the addition of some holodecks could add some later functionality to a "try before you buy" feature or some type of holodeck sims that would take it beyond just a social map.

Several people (including some from Cryptic) have mentioned player rage if all shipyard functions were removed from ESD and moved to UPS. Player rage when something is so drastically altered like the Field Generator console which there was no reason for. While moving all shipyard functions from ESD to UPS might have the same effect there really is a simple solution, and that is to simply allow us the choice of which location we want to go to for these things. The addition of a single map can not be that resource taxing that it cannot be done, and yes it would be a bit redundant, but again future possible uses for UPS should out way that. Not to mention in all of this you would still be allowing the convenience of doing everything on ESD, but also catering to the Star Trek fans that would really like to see more convergence between Star Trek Game and Star Trek In General. This really would be a win/win.

Hopefully this thread will give proof that this is something the players and Devs could really agree on and rally together behind.
I vote yes to keeping the map but add at least 3 instances cus u know the die hards will want to go hang out there
Lt. Commander
# 20 signing petition
04-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I for one agree with the original poster u.p.s is were enterprise d was build and the defiant if i remember correctly and alot of ships iam sure were built there and it would be a great addition to sto so my vote is yes to keep it after fc day but add 3 instances just to be on the safe side