Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Im all for keeping it in, but other than it being a glorified shipyard, what else would its purpose be in game?

Displaying Prototype Ships maybe (Ships that may be introduced in game)?
Display ships that are out of production/decommissioned(Holographic Museum Concept)?
Foundry use?

You have to give some kind of developer reason/purpose to keep the map in game active.

Plus if they can do that, why not Jupiter Station as well (Shameless Plug)

Also cant forget the KDF counterpart, what would that be?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Definitely agree! Even if there's nothing to do there, I stil lthink they should keep it because they can always add things.

I mean...we've got The Captain's Table and there's really nothing to do there (that can't be done at Spacedock), yet that wormhole [or whatever it is] is still hovering outside ESD. lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
Im all for keeping it in, but other than it being a glorified shipyard, what else would its purpose be in game?

Displaying Prototype Ships maybe (Ships that may be introduced in game)?
Display ships that are out of production/decommissioned(Holographic Museum Concept)?
Foundry use?

You have to give some kind of developer reason/purpose to keep the map in game active.

Plus if they can do that, why not Jupiter Station as well (Shameless Plug)

Also cant forget the KDF counterpart, what would that be?
Actually Asmick you shamelessly mentioning Jupiter station actually gave me another idea for something they could do in the future. Shuttle races from U.P.S to Jupiter station and back. Not only would it give Utopia Planitia a "proving ground" to test new shuttles but also a great way to recruit new pilots for Star Fleet. And when your're done racing for dilithium (hint hint new daily possibility) you could make you're way to Jupiter Station to kick back with some Red Squad Cadets, help research the newest holographic tech in the labs and take you're EV suit out for a stroll on jupiter one of Jupiter's moon looking for Ancient Earth Space Artifacts (AKA space junk to us) to trade to collectors for EC or whatever.

I love the ideas you've come up with as well and with seeing all the ideas people have been coming up with I've realized 1 instance might not be enough after all.

I don't know that Klingons have a counterpart to Utopia Planitia that we've ever heard of on Star Trek. I suppose since the Klingons already have a shipyard in orbit they could add a new station somewhere else in Klingon space. Maybe add some Targ Fights to bet on or something or add a new planet side map with the Targ Fighting and a ritual/ combat testing ritual much like the holodeck program Worf used to run?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I agree with this 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-04-2012, 12:29 AM
I agree. Must keep.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I am sure there will be an Exchange or Bank, and some random NPC's :p
That does not count as something to do...
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
That does not count as something to do...
Well how about it then Anazonda, what is something you'd like them to have on the map if they keep it?
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-04-2012, 02:50 AM
It's got my vote, the more new locations to visit the better.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Well how about it then Anazonda, what is something you'd like them to have on the map if they keep it?
Well it is a ship construction facility right? So why not add spare part crafting (for critical components), Ship battery building (the ones we got in the winter event or whenever), enhancement DuOff assignments...

Pretty much small tasks that benefit your ship and ship only.. Make the fact that it is Starfleets ship building facility #1.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I agree, keep it in!

We had a contest for the new Odyssey class design. Why not a contest for UPS content?