Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 05:16 AM
In the "original" timeline, the borg were removed by the caeliar during a devastating attack on alpha and beta quadrant. (Start trek: destiny trilogy). After that, the next enemy was the typhon pact. It consists of the Romulan Star Empire, Tzenkethi Coalition, Breen Confederacy, Gorn Hegemony, Tholian Assembly and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya. After getting knowledge about the pact, the khitomer accord was expanded with Ferengi Alliance, Talarian Republic and Cardassian Union.
Tbh, i was hoping, when i heard first of STO, that they will use that configuration.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyrin
In the "original" timeline, the borg were removed by the caeliar during a devastating attack on alpha and beta quadrant. (Start trek: destiny trilogy). After that, the next enemy was the typhon pact. It consists of the Romulan Star Empire, Tzenkethi Coalition, Breen Confederacy, Gorn Hegemony, Tholian Assembly and the Holy Order of the Kinshaya. After getting knowledge about the pact, the khitomer accord was expanded with Ferengi Alliance, Talarian Republic and Cardassian Union.
Tbh, i was hoping, when i heard first of STO, that they will use that configuration.
None of which is canon fortunately... Sorry not a fan of any of the ST novels.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBriton
Personally, I think a single Borg cube should replace (or add to) Fleet Actions such as the Crystalline Entity (as just as bloody hard to defeat as the CE), and act just as the Sector Alerts do now.

There should also be a mechanic where random worlds (for missions et al) in the Sector are rendered temporaily unavailable if the Fleet Action/Red Alert fails, to motivate players to participate.
YES! WANT!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Two things
1) the Borg are the sure fire ratings hit. In star trek when the Borg showed up, ratings increased. It is a food one dimensional way of making people happy
2) I am pretty sure there is a hidden purpose to the Borg attacking the alpha quadrant at this time and attacking the defari

But yes, 6 months of Borg invasions is boring but better than Terran empire attacks that do not make any sence at all!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2012, 05:43 AM
They need to put in an elaborate story about a race in the delta quadrant with advanced tech that the borg conquered recently as an excuse to make the borg insanely powerfull again. just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2012, 05:44 AM
Far as I see, the Borg are the main antagonists for this season and possibly the next, then we move on to the guys pulling everyone's strings XD
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Needs more Tholian Web.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-02-2012, 06:08 AM
"Does anyone else just want the Borg to become obsolete?"
The borg adapt, they almost controlled a quarter of the galaxy until Voyager. unknown if there was any significant damage, that could of been a turning point to make the borg obselete, but what happens, they adapted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
The Borg have been around for thousands of years IIRC, I'm pretty sure they've overcome bigger obstacles than the Alpha Quadrant powers. They haven't been scary for a long time, though. Voyager and FC did all they could to turn the menacing borg into bumbling space vampires. I don't really find that scary at all

Seriously though, the Borg sure are overused. I wouldn't mind another big bad for STFs and sector incursions.
Thousands? according to what i know, they have been around far,far longer then that, it wasnt until about 1000 years ago that they were known because of the vaudwaar.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-02-2012, 06:30 AM
i would personaly find more interesting if STF's and such stuff would be abaut the borg trying to counquer another strong foe (Defera, Iconia, Undine) and we would be ordered to stop them, with destroying their experimental technology before it reaches the collective. But these would be only a smaller part , i would love to see more STF's againts the Undines, the Iconians, the Dominium(New or the Old one depending on how story goes wich one is more threat to the quadrant)And future Delta quadrant enemies/nemesises also.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Girl yes, the Borg are SO tired.