Lt. Commander
# 1 AFK Players
04-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Since the change of RAT space I noticed an increased amount of AFK players farming pvp. I ask if possible to put a (dare i say it) timmer on an inactive player while in match that they get kicked. Then replaced by someone in the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Since the change of RAT space I noticed an increased amount of AFK players farming pvp. I ask if possible to put a (dare i say it) timmer on an inactive player while in match that they get kicked. Then replaced by someone in the queue.
Totally agree! Plus a 15 min wait penalty.

[edit] I saw people going high speed to low or high of map then flying there without engaging. Maybe a damage counter would be also good. maybe the idea of a team kick vote is better...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Or a vote kick system... that would ban people from public pvp ques for an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 09:09 AM
I still think the solution is to revert Ker'rat to its former, timerless state. People are going to AFK farm dilithium for as long as there is dilithium in the game and a place to AFK. At least by doing it in Ker'rat they weren't adversely affecting other people. Certainly not to the degree they do in Arena or STFs, at least.

Putting a timer on Arena or giving us a vote kick will just make them do it solely in STFs. Plus, I'm sorry to say this, but most people can't really be trusted not to abuse a vote-kick system. New players will be kicked by veterans for doing the "dash in alone and try to solo all five of the enemy over and over" trick, for one.

Before the Ker'rat change, this wasn't anywhere near the issue it is now, I honestly believe the best solution is the simplest solution.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I will have to start issuing parking tickets again

For 6 of the games I played today 5 of which were 4v5's and the 6th was with a shuttle team mate I still won them all but I could have easily required a 5th team mate if there was any skilled opposition.

Would love a Right click Issue Parking ticket option or remove player system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I would deffinately support an afk timer, or some form of vote to kick option. I hate to mention Wow, however, its voting/timer system worked/s fairly well. It's incredibly frustrating to go into pugs with people who are just there to farm. I mostly pug on my healer/control boat (basically hold the pugs hands). Many a time I find myself in 4v5s and 3v5s in which if it was a 5v5, a simple win would be achieved.

...still, it's fun to win when outnumbered
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilan
I still think the solution is to revert Ker'rat to its former, timerless state. People are going to AFK farm dilithium for as long as there is dilithium in the game and a place to AFK. At least by doing it in Ker'rat they weren't adversely affecting other people. Certainly not to the degree they do in Arena or STFs, at least.

Putting a timer on Arena or giving us a vote kick will just make them do it solely in STFs. Plus, I'm sorry to say this, but most people can't really be trusted not to abuse a vote-kick system. New players will be kicked by veterans for doing the "dash in alone and try to solo all five of the enemy over and over" trick, for one.

Before the Ker'rat change, this wasn't anywhere near the issue it is now, I honestly believe the best solution is the simplest solution.
I would be in total agreeance with this.

They will either have to revert kerrat to how it used to be, or remove repeatable dilithium wrappers from pvp all together (a 'solution' I don't think any of us want to see).
Personally I would be willing to give up my pvp dilithium if it gets rid of the AFK'ers, but I would be worried that this would drive away the people who don't regularly pvp, but will take the wrapper every now and again, to top up their dilithium stores, and actively participate in the matches.

I don't thinkm afk timers would work, as you would actually have people just sitting at spawn pressing epts every couple of minutes (yes, some of these people are actually not afk, they are just refusing to participate (on a couple of occarions, I have had conversations (usually resulting in me getting ignored sooner rather than later :p)with afk'ers mid match))
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree, revert Kerrat back to Farmville.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I agree, revert Kerrat back to Farmville.
Lol, it was never that bad. I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilan

If the vote would give the "would be kicked out" player the opportunity to do some damage we would avoid the newbe being the "abusee" - if I may invent a word, lol.