Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I wanna' pirate AFKers for -their- dilithium. Could it be done?

Naw seriously. Kerrat farming was ridiculous, the current state is not-that-ridiculous but annoying. Certainly for the FEDs, who got more lazy dudes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daidarabotchi
Naw seriously. Kerrat farming was ridiculous, the current state is not-that-ridiculous but annoying.
The ammount of afk Kerrat was indeed ridiculous, but in kerrat it hurts nobody, really. The sides are 9 times out of 10 numerically imbalanced anyway, one way ot t'other.
In an arena, it's 5vs5, and the smaller numbers makes every missing player all the more pertinent.

It's the lesser of two evils.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I hate to suggest this... but why not just remove Dilithium rewards from ALL PVP. Leave the skill points ect... but kill the Dilithium. I would rather have to go and grind 30 min of pve every day to hit my 8k then suffer through match after match of 4v5 4v3 3v5 ect. Really it ends up being -1 player and a handicap of that first kill when they get smacked down at the gate. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I hate to suggest this... but why not just remove Dilithium rewards from ALL PVP. Leave the skill points ect... but kill the Dilithium. I would rather have to go and grind 30 min of pve every day to hit my 8k then suffer through match after match of 4v5 4v3 3v5 ect. Really it ends up being -1 player and a handicap of that first kill when they get smacked down at the gate. lol
You might prefer to do PVE for a bit, but it would drive me to distraction. The PVP is now the only thing keeping me playing this broken game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilan
You might prefer to do PVE for a bit, but it would drive me to distraction. The PVP is now the only thing keeping me playing this broken game.
I don't know about you but I'm not really all that into 3v5s every single pop... its only a matter of time before they realize pvp missions should not be repeatable either and fix. Then so what you can only get half your daily 8k limit anyway. I honestly say dump it.... the only other option is to make it X number of games WON instead of just played. However I know that Cryptic will never go that road... so in that case I say dump the reward and let the afk population go chase it off into a PvE map some where.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-02-2012, 05:13 PM
How about the vote system is for players who don't contribute AT ALL to an STF or mission. That way, people don't get kicked for simply being AFK. Or if they have a minute to cancel the vote unless it's overridden, that way, they have a say in it if they had to go to the bathroom or something.

In terms of an AFK timer, in an STF, it would not be good, because the character would get logged out, and you'd all fail the STF because you don't have 5 players. Perhaps if you go AFK, the game automatically creates an escort,science,or cruiser at Lv50 to assist until the player returns.

Sometimes, vote systems don't work, when someone decides to kick someone for simply being a nuisance, but if it was a legitimate reason, then go ahead and kick them, and pay the price for having fewer than 5 people for your STF.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I don't know about you but I'm not really all that into 3v5s every single pop... its only a matter of time before they realize pvp missions should not be repeatable either and fix. Then so what you can only get half your daily 8k limit anyway. I honestly say dump it.... the only other option is to make it X number of games WON instead of just played. However I know that Cryptic will never go that road... so in that case I say dump the reward and let the afk population go chase it off into a PvE map some where.
I get what you are saying, really I do, but my point is that people are gonna be self-serving tossers whatever we do, there is just no way to stop that. That is why I advocate returning Ker'rat to how it was. At least they could be self-serving tossers there without adversely affecting anyone.

By kicking up a stink about the AFKers in arena and STFs we are giving Cryptic an excuse to make the dilithium rewards there a daily too. This truly serves nobody as far as I can tell. With the rewards in PVP being quite limited it is proving difficult to level a second Klingon character this way (I'm showing my gf the ropes), especially as we get new ships that need kitting out. For the level 50s the removal of the dilithium rewards may not seem too harsh but for those levelling it removes another way to get decent equipment for our new ships.

This has the knock on effect of making PVP even less appealing, is that what we need right now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18 Merit as Measure
04-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Greetings,

It is high time that this is mentioned again.

The winners should get everything, that the losers get nothing. Losing should not be rewarded, what is this, some sort of 1st grade "Everyone that participates is a winner" kind of thing?! Reward for victory and nothing (or even loss of dilithium or other resources) for a loss. Simple concept.

If the devs are not willing to go that far they need to look at another less punitive measure.
Sadly the game has a respawn button, and it costs nothing to respawn, maybe they could charge per respawn, so that 10 deaths would result in 0 dilithium, and more than that would actually COST you dilithium.

Yours in Meritocratic Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I agree that something needs to be done. There was one Fed today that was in three matches that I was in, and never did a thing. And another Fed was in a shuttle every time I saw him. Even as a Kling, I hate to see Fed AFKers in the arena, an unfair match is not as fun. (Though I give a lot of credit to the Fed team that still got in 6 kills.)

I'd hate to see the PvP dilithium rewards nerfed AGAIN, especially if they screw up the nerf as badly as they did with Ker'rat. I'd rather they just put Ker'rat back the way it was, or start rewarding wins only or something. But something has to be done to punish these petaQpu', killing their team while they get the rewards is currently only punishing the players that are actually trying, and that's unforgivably stupid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Star, the problem with your idea is that it would be the death of pugs. "Premades" of the hour would clear out the queues unless another fleet was on.

Even bad premade fleet can curb stop a pug. Also, I believe it would kill the fvk queues. Most farmers love to queue klinks because death is fast. Better quality fed fleets sometimes shun fvk with all toys the klinks use.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:31 AM.