Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Unfortunately, if I am not mistaken (haven't tried it yet, as I am still grinding for the C-Points), only the T3 version of the console can be equipped on other ships. So you would either have to have a team consisting of ships with one of these consoles each, or have a T5 nebula in the team.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm most likely purchasing the T5 nebula. Gotta check the console specs then, thanks for the tips!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
A question has actually popped up in my head from this thread. Can a person equip the tier 3 console AND the Tier 5 console to a positive effect?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
A question has actually popped up in my head from this thread. Can a person equip the tier 3 console AND the Tier 5 console to a positive effect?
~Owning both ships, I can confirm now that you can equip both consoles on the Nebula and really be awesome at detecting cloaked ships! If you use the free Target Axillary subsystem attack, you can totally force those BOP's into the open a lot of times since cloaked ships need to run higher Auxiliary power levels.

~The Tachyon Detection Field can be equipped on any Star Ship.
~The Tachyon Detection Grid however is only for the Nebula Refit version.

~If you want to run your Nebula as a Fleet Support cloak detection ship, Iíd highly recommend using two copies of Jam Target Sensors, as you will get a nice duration with the bonuses and points into Sensors.

~Also because you donít want to be shot at by the BOP after you hamper their Axillary power settings lowering their ability to stay cloaked. A tractor beam is also suggested.

~I would not recommend Sensor boats for PVP. Being able to detect cloaked ships has a very limited benefit. Usually only good for finishing off BOPís and ships with Battle Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Awesome. My fingers are inching towards the 'buy Nebula' button right this moment
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Has anyone tested yet how th T3 or T5 consoles work in conjunction with the Jem'Hadar space set? That one gives another bonus to Stealth Detection, so it might be cool... or not.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I plan on trying the T3 as well, used the jem hadar deflector with some success already. B'rel killer for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
~Owning both ships, I can confirm now that you can equip both consoles on the Nebula and really be awesome at detecting cloaked ships! If you use the free Target Axillary subsystem attack, you can totally force those BOP's into the open a lot of times since cloaked ships need to run higher Auxiliary power levels.

~The Tachyon Detection Field can be equipped on any Star Ship.
~The Tachyon Detection Grid however is only for the Nebula Refit version.

~If you want to run your Nebula as a Fleet Support cloak detection ship, Iíd highly recommend using two copies of Jam Target Sensors, as you will get a nice duration with the bonuses and points into Sensors.

~Also because you donít want to be shot at by the BOP after you hamper their Axillary power settings lowering their ability to stay cloaked. A tractor beam is also suggested.

~I would not recommend Sensor boats for PVP. Being able to detect cloaked ships has a very limited benefit. Usually only good for finishing off BOPís and ships with Battle Cloak.
Usually, on my Neb' in PvP, I max Aux out, and then Shields second, so its harder to keep my shields down.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Looking at the detection numbers, the Jem Hadar Deflector adds more than this console, but the 2 stacked is nice. Also when activated the console seems to help dissipate Jam Sensors and other Sensor attacks. I like it.

P.S. I bought my T3 Nebula at a discount this week, thanks for the sale!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I have now had the opportunity to test it, after I bought the T3 nebula yesterday and upgraded my Assault Cruiser with the console. Works nice!

The Jem'Hadar shield increases stealth detection by about one third when the console is activated, but I guess I will stick with the Borg 3-piece set and my high-capacitiy shield anyway.