Lt. Commander
From those I have spoken to we feel going by the Odyssey description the buff for using 3 consoles includes a hull size increase.

Specifically the size of the hull, the statistic we can see when viewing our ship defense.

I see no change in hull at all. EPS changes, turn rate changes and I cannot determine that any other stats change.

Is this a bug or is the buff for hull just hidden?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update

It was determine that there is no bug that is for sure. The numbers change after many seconds for me.

Kinetic and energy resistance is improved. This is a very fun PvE ship with the 3 consoles. It does not have much use in PvP with the 3 consoles removed. It would of the bonus from using them was a little better especially Kinetic.

Thanks for helping everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Should give you a turn rate bonus when you have all 3 cons
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk
Should give you a turn rate bonus when you have all 3 cons
+ more

But there is no change in hull stats when using it so I can't see how it's in full working order.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
It doesn't give hull, it gives a bonus to the two armor skills.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 09:51 AM
It's a little confusing because the Set description does state Hull Plating:

Quote:
While they may not be equipped on the standard Odyssey Cruiser or any other ship, the 3-piece set bonus decreases the recharge time of all Odyssey console abilities. It also improves your Starship EPS, Starship Hull Plating, and Starship Armor Reinforcements Skills. Finally, this bonus also slightly increases your Odyssey's Turn Rate.
I can see where some might think that means additional Hull, but Hull is not the same as Hull Plating.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Isn't the Skill: Hull Plating (which buffs Hull Kinetic resists) different from Structural Integrity (which increases Hull Health overall)?

I can only think that a Hull resist buff, both Kinetic and energy, is far better than more hull points given how easy it is to chew through hull in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Isn't the Skill: Hull Plating (which buffs Hull Kinetic resists) different from Structural Integrity (which increases Hull Health overall)?
Yeah. The Odyssey Set buffs the Hull Plating Skill to increase Kinetic Resistance, as well as providing other Resistance buffs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

I can only think that a Hull resist buff, both Kinetic and energy, is far better than more hull points given how easy it is to chew through hull in PvP.
Hull Plating effects Energy Damage Resistance.

http://www.stowiki.org/Skill:_Starship_Hull_Plating
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche_Furman
Hull Plating effects Engery Damage Resistance.

http://www.stowiki.org/Skill:_Starship_Hull_Plating
You are correct, sir! Hull Plating Skill is Energy Resistance. Starship Armor Reinforcement Skill is Kinetic. I had that backwards as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Kinetic + 1.7 Energy + 2.3
04-05-2012, 05:47 AM
OK my bad

I never bothered to match up the 2 buffs names to the skill window and didn't click. Great well that is cleared up for me thanks.

Just checked the stats again, today the values in "Defense" are change, they weren't before and I waited for a while after previously realizing it takes time.

1. An increase in 1.7 to Kinetic Resist.
2. And all energy gets 2.3

I would like to see this improved but I know it probably won't happen...

1. 2.3 for Kinetic
2. 3.5 for energy