Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
+1

We have the map editor, why not make use of it for pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 3 nice
04-06-2012, 03:55 AM
This would be a great idea. But would THEY allow it is the question. Maybe have a contest for a new concept like they did for the Enterprise F. Would be nice to see, so tired of Solar Wind.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
great idea OP:

i'd been thinking about this ever since i saw your thread title.

The real question is.. does, 'you-know-who' actually want us pvpers around at all!?

nah.. but if they put this in - it would go a long way to convincing me.
Lt. Commander
No technical reason afaik why you couldn't have combat on any map, including those created in the Foundry. Personally, shooting people on the sunny beaches of Risa sounds like a great weekend getaway.
Lt. Commander
# 6 hi all
04-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I have just put a question to cryptic askin this very thing n if i do get a responce i will let u all no cuz the foundry is perfect for pvp ground and space
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Although the idea of using the foundry to make PvP content is not bad at all, it still does not offer any real reward for PvPing. That is what STO is really missing.

Check the post in my sig. It is addressed in a way that you actually have a reason to PvP - to conquer sectors for your fleet/faction.

I believe that it is the ultimate answer to STO's PvP and PvE content issues.

Something like what your suggesting could be linked to how you conquer an enemy system in combination with my proposed dynamic content idea (eg: foundry pvp content used to conquer the colonized planets of the other fleet)? A big part of my idea is expanding the foundry, but I did not consider using it for PvP as well.

Feel free to suggest your idea there, or post a link to this post from there. I think the 2 ideas would actually work very well together.

These foundry PvP missions could even be available in the PVP queues with name like "<fleet name> <sector name> sector attack/defence - <foundry mission name>" so that fighting can easy occur outside of a fleet's timezone and be defended/attacked by faction members.

For conquerring enemy space, however, ctf is probably not the way to go. The attacker should have objectives of destroying/conquering the enemy faction's structures on the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2012, 02:32 PM
honestly, as lacking in balance as pvp is, and given that there are no real lines between the factions - rewards for pvp should remain absent. The option of cross teaming just to pad each other's coffers is worse i think than not having any rewards at all.

The current reward system is fine (for now)- cept they need to add similar fed style quests for dilithum. Klinks shouldn't have all the fun.
That being said, bragging rights are still up for grabs - i read your post RUO, and i liked the core idea - but it seems more like a direction instead of a suggestion. so i guess a suggested direction? heh focus it some and you might get more feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
Although the idea of using the foundry to make PvP content is not bad at all, it still does not offer any real reward for PvPing. That is what STO is really missing.

Check the post in my sig. It is addressed in a way that you actually have a reason to PvP - to conquer sectors for your fleet/faction.

I believe that it is the ultimate answer to STO's PvP and PvE content issues.

Something like what your suggesting could be linked to how you conquer an enemy system in combination with my proposed dynamic content idea (eg: foundry pvp content used to conquer the colonized planets of the other fleet)? A big part of my idea is expanding the foundry, but I did not consider using it for PvP as well.

Feel free to suggest your idea there, or post a link to this post from there. I think the 2 ideas would actually work very well together.

These foundry PvP missions could even be available in the PVP queues with name like "<fleet name> <sector name> sector attack/defence - <foundry mission name>" so that fighting can easy occur outside of a fleet's timezone and be defended/attacked by faction members.

For conquerring enemy space, however, ctf is probably not the way to go. The attacker should have objectives of destroying/conquering the enemy faction's structures on the planet.
I agree, this is just one step to developing a flourished PvP community.

I've brought the idea out for some type of PvP Ranking System or a PvP Ladder for ages now. Maybe monthly Tournaments something to generate more PvP. And to help further that along, include high end Mark 11 or Mark 12 gear as a form of reward, maybe with stats that only affect PvP so that PvE'ers would not be angry and it would appease PvP'ers as well. There are MANY ways to go about this, ranked team mates, ranked duels, ranked ladders, so on and so forth.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-11-2012, 06:03 AM
All for mroe pvp more pvp would be awesome pve open pvp and closed pvp would be even better having changable areas of control would be awesome

how about they finish the borg in the alpha quadrant and then make that borg sector open pvp warfare