Lt. Commander
I have submitted probally close to 5 tickets or more in the past month or so about a behavioral problem from someone I do not want communication of any type with in the game. However submitting many tickets the issue still goes on unresolved and the user likes to use the foundry to continue his flaming and trolling. I didn't know where else to put this but I would appreciate someone from Cryptic or PWE to get involved because I've submitted many many tickets about this person who doesn't get the hint I do not tolerate his behavior and will never do so. Plus I am pretty sure what he is doing violates the EULA and TOS in multiple ways.

Thanks for your time
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 11:47 PM
If ... who ever this is , is on your ignore list , he should not be able to contact you via in-game chat .
Have you added him to your ignored list ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 11:48 PM
That sucks. You must already have him on your ignore list.

Now is to ignore him completely.

Problem with any MMO is that abusive people are just abusive.

An effective way to stop harassment or trolling is

1. To troll back and harass back only harder and more frequent. basically being more a jerk than the person harassing. Do not use this if u can't handle the heat. Do this if u can be cold and calculating.

2. Ignore completely. Cloak, be a ghost, a blackhole. The abuser will exhaust his trolling within weeks or longer but he will get exhausted.

Abusive people usually have the psychological profile of a psychopath. To handle them u need to be more a psychopath to them than they are OR AVOID at all cost. Never show weakness or kindness (or get baited, never take anything they say personal, play them). Don't give them heart because psycopaths don't have one, they are(if they are primary) failed mutant. Bad genes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
If ... who ever this is , is on your ignore list , he should not be able to contact you via in-game chat .
Have you added him to your ignored list ?
Yeah he's on my ignore list for life and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I went out of my way to be nice because he was not very good at this mmo but I told him I wasn't going to tolerate any more of him so he got put on ignore he pretty much uses the foundry review of any mission I make to try to troll/flame me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
That sucks. You must already have him on your ignore list.

Now is to ignore him completely.

Problem with any MMO is that abusive people are just abusive.

An effective way to stop harassment or trolling is

1. To troll back and harass back only harder and more frequent. basically being more a jerk than the person harassing. Do not use this if u can't handle the heat. Do this if u can be cold and calculating.

2. Ignore completely. Cloak, be a ghost. The abuser will exhaust his trolling within weeks or longer but he will get exhausted.

Abusive usually have the psychological profile of a psychopath. To handle them u need to be more a psychopath to them than they are OR AVOID at all cost. Never show weakness or kindness (or get baited).
He's not worth all that all I'm asking for is that his comments are removed with something about him violating the EULA or TOS which he has clearly done and then freeze his ability to write any more reviews. He's not the brightest horse in the barn if he was he wouldn't be trying so hard to get me to drag him to STF's and stuff anymore because he ****es people off so much no one wants anything to do with him. Even people in his own fleet have told me they won't deal with him or play with him.

Also... I wish people would lose their cable guy mentality... its not very appealing imo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 04:19 AM
GM/Support in other online games crack down hard in cases of reported harrassment.

I haven't tried reporting someone for harrassing yet in STO, but I would be surprised if the powers that be did not take a decisive stand against harrassment too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 04:32 AM
then just ignore him completely...let him write anything on the foundry mission comment. He'll get tired with no response. No one can fight a blackhole and win. No one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2012, 04:41 AM
It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that some people will go to just to be obnoxious. I don't see the point in anyone wasting their time doing this sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I have submitted probally close to 5 tickets or more in the past month or so about a behavioral problem from someone I do not want communication of any type with in the game. However submitting many tickets the issue still goes on unresolved and the user likes to use the foundry to continue his flaming and trolling. I didn't know where else to put this but I would appreciate someone from Cryptic or PWE to get involved because I've submitted many many tickets about this person who doesn't get the hint I do not tolerate his behavior and will never do so. Plus I am pretty sure what he is doing violates the EULA and TOS in multiple ways.

Thanks for your time
It's a very sad world we live in where people like that can get away with it.
I hope the problem gets sorted out for you as soon as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I pretty much ignored the first wave of them he did for a few months but then as I updated or tried to make things better for the KDF community getting accolades and getting their foundry dailies done pretty quickly this guy has gone out of control and out of his way.

In 20+ years of internet gaming i've gotta say this guy is the worst and reminds me of the cable guy. Are you my buddy??
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I pretty much ignored the first wave of them he did for a few months but then as I updated or tried to make things better for the KDF community getting accolades and getting their foundry dailies done pretty quickly this guy has gone out of control and out of his way.

In 20+ years of internet gaming i've gotta say this guy is the worst and reminds me of the cable guy. Are you my buddy??
Wow. It must be pretty bad to have you so riled up. I haven't yet really delved into the foundry and thankfully have missed these missions.
The closest to going almost off-the-edge -of-good-taste I have seen is one that talked upon the Orions and thier defense of the Orion slave trade. It was still tastefully done though and would only offend those whom are overly sensitive and judge before looking.
What you describe makes me wonder what deviant idiocy the offender you have flagged has done?
Closed Thread