Lt. Commander
# 1 ESD's lounge
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I was prowling through ConceptShips when I saw an image Massive Black did for what I think is Perpetual's STO. As I was looking at it, I recalled something prior to ESD's revamp in early 2011. ESD had a lounge, you walked through Club 47, as it was simply just a bar and some tables back then, and took a turbolift to the lounge. It was a rather nice place, with some plants, a small bar, and some couches. But when ESD got revamped the lounge went away.

So this image has me thinking, why not re-add the lounge, but instead of looking out onto Earth, it looks out onto another part of the large area inside ESD, and have worker-bee's buzzing about a damaged Galaxy or other ship? A smaller, more quiet social area on ESD would be ideal for people not wanting to deal with the ambient music of Club 47, and by having us look upon a damaged ship, we can be reminded that we are indeed at war. With the Klingons, Borg, Romulans, Hirogen, Breen, Undine, Iconians, and assorted minor species that apparently all use the same ship construction and dual disruptor pistols.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I think this would be awesome.

It wouldn't work with the scale but would kinda be cool if you could look through the window and see the ship yard area. And vice versa.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I think the only way you could make the back of club 47 overlook the ships in dock would be to set in a seperate map(just like the shipyard). So its a fair bit of work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
I think the only way you could make the back of club 47 overlook the ships in dock would be to set in a seperate map(just like the shipyard). So its a fair bit of work.
We'll i'm not suggesting putting it back at the rear of club 47, but have us take a turbolift like we used to. Previously the turbolift was at the rear of 47, now its by Quinns office, so we'd just take that lift instead. And it was on a 'separate map' to begin with. As in it was its own independent section of ESD that you had to do a map transfer to get to. Similar to the lower levels of ESD right now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
When you fly around the Ship yard with Demorecord you can see that the area you are in is just a small room attached to a huge room where the ships are. To add the club all that would be needed is to ad another room for the club. You would map move to it through a door just like when you go to the ship yard.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I wish OLD ESD lounge was avalible.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 08:19 PM
use the old ESD lounge... set it so we get a shot of the oddessey in the background.. galaxy close up... and something else on the right ... maybe a... uhmm.. "typhoon class" ?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
When you fly around the Ship yard with Demorecord you can see that the area you are in is just a small room attached to a huge room where the ships are. To add the club all that would be needed is to ad another room for the club. You would map move to it through a door just like when you go to the ship yard.
That was the original Officers Lounge that was accessible in ESD prior to the first year revamp where ESD was converted from the Cryptic model to the canonical ESD model.

It was accessible from the Turbolift in the old Club 47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I was prowling through ConceptShips when I saw an image Massive Black did for what I think is Perpetual's STO. As I was looking at it, I recalled something prior to ESD's revamp in early 2011. ESD had a lounge, you walked through Club 47, as it was simply just a bar and some tables back then, and took a turbolift to the lounge. It was a rather nice place, with some plants, a small bar, and some couches. But when ESD got revamped the lounge went away.

So this image has me thinking, why not re-add the lounge, but instead of looking out onto Earth, it looks out onto another part of the large area inside ESD, and have worker-bee's buzzing about a damaged Galaxy or other ship? A smaller, more quiet social area on ESD would be ideal for people not wanting to deal with the ambient music of Club 47, and by having us look upon a damaged ship, we can be reminded that we are indeed at war. With the Klingons, Borg, Romulans, Hirogen, Breen, Undine, Iconians, and assorted minor species that apparently all use the same ship construction and dual disruptor pistols.

Thoughts?
That concept art is what inspired them to revise the ESD shipyard to where you could see docked ships in the background.

If the Lounge is still there, I'm sure they could have it accessible once again by turbolift. All they have to do is get rid of the old ESD exterior and put in the mushroom cap. Personally be nice if the lounge was in one of the ESD Towers and you can see ESD below as ships go through the space doors.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
That was the original Officers Lounge that was accessible in ESD prior to the first year revamp where ESD was converted from the Cryptic model to the canonical ESD model.

It was accessible from the Turbolift in the old Club 47.
I'm talking about the current shipyard being a little room attached to the larger room where the ships are now. The same map could be used by adding another room for the club on the other side of the ships possibly behind and above the Galaxy class ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
@Gul_Evek Aye, and the old officer lounge was similar, though instead of being attached to the larger room where the ships were it was attached to ESD's proper interior and just had a view of the outside.

@Azurian That's what I want them to bring back, the old Officers Lounge (I've missed it since February 2nd 2011) I'm just suggesting an update for its skybox and a new turbolift location since the old one doesn't exist anymore.