Lt. Commander
# 11
04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
I'm talking about the current shipyard being a little room attached to the larger room where the ships are now. The same map could be used by adding another room for the club on the other side of the ships possibly behind and above the Galaxy class ship.
Personally, I rather see seperate rooms than rooms being attached and each have their own turbolift locations. It would give people more a reason to use them.

But I like the idea of a gantry area as per Star Trek 3, all Cryptic would need to do is create a convincing gantry to a docked ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
@Azurian That's what I want them to bring back, the old Officers Lounge (I've missed it since February 2nd 2011) I'm just suggesting an update for its skybox and a new turbolift location since the old one doesn't exist anymore.
I think the lounge is still there on the ESD map, just out of sight. I know the old ESD is still in the foundry, along with the lounge.

I'm sure roleplayers would enjoy it's return, with it being a quiet area.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Personally, I rather see seperate rooms than rooms being attached and each have their own turbolift locations. It would give people more a reason to use them.
I agree, it would also be easier to move around to the areas we want to go.

If there is a argument about the space windows ... remember that they can all be facing different areas.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Seeing the wrecked Enterprise park inside Spacedock for ST: III was dramatic on many levels. However, had Utopia Planitia been thought of at that point (it hadn't), I speculate that is where we might have seen Enterprise pull into dock instead.

The Officer's Lounge is still welcome to reappear as part of ESD. We always did have to click a door and zone into it. So having to do this again shouldn't be that big a deal. If it were up to me, it would be placed in the central hub of the upper docking port. With a view opposite Starship Requisitions. Excelsior would be closest to the windows from that perspective. I agree with it being the more quiet social spot to contrast Club 47. Both would be equally enjoyed by me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I would love to see the lounge come back it would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Agreed on bringing the old lounge back, as well as an idea for what to do with it:

Have it as a place to both get unique doff assignments, as well as unique items for latinum turn in (Constitution Refit holoemitter?) and a dabo table. Nothing that would be cripplingly game-effecting, but tweaks and twists that you wouldn't get anywhere else, like any other major base should have, overlooking the dockyards and some poor smuck that got his nacelle blown off.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Why not just copy paste the Ship Requisitions map, and update it into a lounge.

Rotate the interior ESD, and cut a door to join the 2 up?

They did that with the Odyssey Bridge into the Captains quarters already
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I wish OLD ESD lounge was avalible.
I enjoyed that lounge... Always logged out there
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Doesn't ESD still have that empty lower level? Why not just put it down there?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonSatyr42
Doesn't ESD still have that empty lower level? Why not just put it down there?
Those lower levels have been a huge waste of space and dev. resources. Just dump the whole area, and use the door to activate the old lounge. Not everyone want the silly dance club. A nice lounge attached to ship requisitions with a door would be much nicer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-03-2012, 12:41 AM
While we're at it I wouldn't mind having the OLD Esd Shipyard back as another door. Put some chairs and tables in and it would look nice.

Also for the KDF I wouldn't mind one of the Slum Doors opening to the old Multipurpose room.