Lt. Commander
# 1 Laid Back player
04-02-2012, 11:42 PM
so my best buddy is a very laid back sto gamer. basically we spent most of our time leveling lowbies starbase 24 style. anyone reccomend a fun proc cruiser turret build? engineering captains with accuracy passive trait. I know they arent the best build, but something reminiscent of stargate atlantis volleys or battlstar galactic flack fire
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 12:13 AM
You probably would go with turrets in the back and cannons in the front and use cannon rapid fire and cannon scatter volley since they effect both turrets and cannons.

Tetryon is good for stripping shields, and have skill points in flow capacitors.

Disruptors are good when they land that resistance debuff.

Anti Proton weapons get high critical hits, and having that accuracy buff helps those crits hit.

Just some suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 12:15 AM
OP read my mind when he posted "Galactica".

I have one such 'defensive battlecruiser' build which is doing surprisingly well as a shield stripping, Hargh'Peng torpedo Mk XI spamming, tanking ship in normal STFs. Though her trademark is BSG style flak cannon spam every 30 seconds or so.

I may optimize the build for elite in due course, after I get anti [Borg] Tetryon weapons and torpedoes.

It even has an awesome video made for it... in my signature. No harm checking it out, I think it's exactly what OP wants.

Ps. Tetryon cannons and turrets, full Aegis set + anti plasma armour for defense. Though for STFs I stripped out the aft turrets and replaced them with beams as turrets had too low RoF for me to get used to them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Due to the firing points on the ships in this game the turrets will all fire from one point fore or aft. You don't see multiple streams coming from all over the ship which is what I think you want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 09:36 AM
all interest points, and also AWESOME MOVIE