Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11 you loose ppl
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I cant believe this bug isnt fixed right away. i had no account yet tried to play the game and failed. 2 hours of my life wasted. and its only because i?m a huge fan of star trek that i tried so hard. i heard u moved to free 2 play because you have no money? hm? want to get new ppl to play? hm? well then sort the ****ing **** out! you have lost me now, and a lot of others as i read in the forums. you dont need us? enough other ppl who pay? thats exactly the attitude that will ruin the game. ban me, delete this post. idk i deleted the **** anyways.
Career Officer
# 12
11-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeshoes View Post
I cant believe this bug isnt fixed right away. i had no account yet tried to play the game and failed. 2 hours of my life wasted. and its only because i?m a huge fan of star trek that i tried so hard. i heard u moved to free 2 play because you have no money? hm? want to get new ppl to play? hm? well then sort the ****ing **** out! you have lost me now, and a lot of others as i read in the forums. you dont need us? enough other ppl who pay? thats exactly the attitude that will ruin the game. ban me, delete this post. idk i deleted the **** anyways.
I've going to address everything you said:

1. You said you have no account and tried to play the game. You need an account to play.
2. 2 hours spent doing what?
3. No, PWE forced STO to go F2P. They weren't even losing money.
4. The forums are just a part of STO, and don't represent the entire playerbase.
5. Maybe calm down and someone will help you? Yelling and complaining gets you no-where.

Also maybe known as "SFC3"
Ensign
# 13 character fail
01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
i just join the game and bout cryptic point to get the caitian race.. but i cant even make a character to start the game with it keeps saying character fail and i been doing this for an hour and 30mins straight...

please help.. i already spent money and i cant even play... ;____;
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I ran into the same problem when I joined too. If either the first, middle or last name is less than three letters long, it'll say "character creation failed" with no other explanation. If that's the case, either expand the one or two letter name or just remove it completely: you don't have to use all three fields.
Ensign
# 15
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM
My friend who I'm trying to convince REALLY hard to try STO is having this trouble as well.

Can we please get a developer's response on why this is happening?

Edit: Also life time subscriber here.
Ensign
# 16 Same here
05-03-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm unable to play completely. Any combination, I cannot create a character. STO is slowly on it's way to uninstall programs. (like anyone cares)

**EDIT Just removed the single letter initial for last name, and it worked finally. Leave First, Middle, Last names blank.

Last edited by kirkhodges; 05-03-2013 at 01:13 AM.