Lt. Commander
# 1 Advantages of being Female
04-03-2012, 01:07 AM
The advantages to having a female toon, especially if they are Orion are as follows -----> during stf's, male toons run to my aid when I go down, and they like it when a beautiful face raises them up after they themselves, go down. I never leave a male and continue the mission, no. I always watch to see if i can help our band of brothers. The result of my love and care is returned to me. I am a fierce warrior and can carry my own and more. When the men see me jumping on Borg like a wild cat, they respond by becoming supermen. We kill Borg like ants and coordinate our efforts in defeating the bosses. Yes being female definitely has advantages. Yes I am talking about the elite setting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Are you serious?

When I had some... issues with my girls the gentlemen here on the forum would give me advice that most of them do not care if we are girls or boys, we are Captains all the same!

I was told that if we did not appear to be targets then no one would harrass us or anything, and it's true. No longer a factor now.

I thought this was great advice from them because frankly, I don't care either. We're here to play Starfleet, not get distracted by archaic Earth psychology.

Based on that I no longer base my in-game behaviour (roleplays, friendships, etc) on gender-related issues but evaluate based on actual team and combat performance. Most of my STO contacts are guys now and I like it that way. Fair number of actual military or naval officers too and I love learning about command and strategy from them as we play.

Being gender-indistinguishable is good for large Fleet operations as it helps everyone attain a fair playing field and concentrate on achieving excellence in teamwork, be they men or women.

Fair for all, free for all
Lt. Commander
# 3 must be ugly
04-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Are you serious?

When I had some... issues with my girls the gentlemen here on the forum would give me advice that most of them do not care if we are girls or boys, we are Captains all the same!

I thought this was great advice from them because frankly, I don't care either. We're here to play Starfleet, not get distracted by archaic Earth psychology.

Based on that I no longer base my in-game behaviour (roleplays, friendships, etc) on gender-related issues but evaluate based on actual team and combat performance. Most of my STO contacts are guys now and I like it that way. Fair number of actual military or naval officers too and I love learning about command and strategy from them as we play.

Fair for all, free for all
You must have an ugly toon. Men appreciate beauty as much as women do and less clothing is best. the result is as I have stated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
You must have an ugly toon. Men appreciate beauty as much as women do and less clothing is best. the result is as I have stated.
Nomex tactical suit all the time with as much ballistic armour plating as possible. I don't like exploding consoles and I don't like taking penetrating wounds or phaser burns. The only time the boots and stockings come out to play is when I go out IRL
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 01:46 AM
A little late for April Fools aren't you? Heck we spend most of the game in our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Lol This thread has just cheered me up to no ends lol
Lt. Commander
# 7 That explains it
04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Nomex tactical suit all the time with as much ballistic armour plating as possible. I don't like exploding consoles and I don't like taking penetrating wounds or phaser burns. The only time the boots and stockings come out to play is when I go out IRL
Ok now I understand why men don't respond to you the way they do me. Sweetheart, I have the best gear in the game, mk xii set, so your gear means nothing when it comes to being able to make men appreciate you. My gear in hidden but my skin is not. Run an Orion girl and ill show you how to put makeup on, g-string and garter and still be ubber.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
A little late for April Fools aren't you? Heck we spend most of the game in our ships.
Nope, no joke.
It's how the OP thinks.
Look at this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=212745
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Nope, no joke.
It's how the OP thinks.
Look at this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=212745
Strangely I work very well leading PUG STFs...

Got to 'offer' collaboration before a team trusts oneself enough to allow 'command authority'. Things like asking "L/R?" in Cure or Infected. I also like to ask "[Ship name] requesting targeting info" get the PUG team to start talking to you and in turn allow you to implement superior tactical cohesion.

I always assume the team wants to succeed in the mission and individually have some idea of how they want to achieve victory - and I want to integrate those individual plans with the whole. End of the day while I have strong ideas of how to achieve task force synergy, I want the PUGs themselves to tell me where they want my torpedoes to go, to empower them to achieve greater things and easier comms next round. It's more effective!

Can't just warp in, start ordering people around randomly and expect others to follow.

Believe me, there is no gender discrimination in this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-03-2012, 02:15 AM
The Gentlemen out here (and there are many of us) will run to the aid of ANY downed officer (although I admit that I run quickest to the aid of one specific Vulcan collegue).
Gender has NOTHING to do with it
and the outfits for orion women are not far off Dodgy .
My own Klingon character does have an Orion woman on the crew (engineering post) I would much rather put her in Trousers and a uniform top
Closed Thread