Lt. Commander
# 11
04-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Strangely I work very well leading PUG STFs...

Got to 'offer' collaboration before a team trusts oneself enough to allow 'command authority'. Things like asking "L/R?" in Cure or Infected. I also like to ask "[Ship name] requesting targeting info" get the PUG team to start talking to you and in turn allow you to implement superior tactical cohesion.

I always assume the team wants to succeed in the mission and individually have some idea of how they want to achieve victory - and I want to integrate those individual plans with the whole. End of the day while I have strong ideas of how to achieve task force synergy, I want the PUGs themselves to tell me where they want my torpedoes to go, to empower them to achieve greater things and easier comms next round. It's more effective!

Can't just warp in, start ordering people around randomly and expect others to follow.

Believe me, there is no gender discrimination in this.
This is probably one of the most sensible posts on how to work together in a pickup group I've read in a looong time.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Space or ground
04-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I don't like space, it's boring to me. like the fierceness of ground fighting and was giving a reason as to why females have an advantage. You can do what you want with your bridge officers, but my fleet will be beautiful and sexy with the beast gear and least amount of clothing on. And I will tell you this ----> we are appreciated for being female and liking it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
I don't like space, it's boring to me. like the fierceness of ground fighting and was giving a reason as to why females have an advantage. You can do what you want with your bridge officers, but my fleet will be beautiful and sexy with the beast gear and least amount of clothing on. And I will tell you this ----> we are appreciated for being female and liking it.
Too funny!!

Fine, you do all the dirty work on ground while I continue to make epic Galactica style movies up in the heavens. Might make a good team here!

But... I will keep my Starship Troopers powered armour on, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-03-2012, 03:14 AM
There's one in every forum.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Epic Winning...
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-03-2012, 03:42 AM
LOL Serious?

/facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-03-2012, 04:15 AM
nobody cares if you toon is male or whatever, most tend to just accept it's a guy playing a girl.

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-03-2012, 04:21 AM
I have to agree with the OP. Same here. Too bad I found ground combat boring and unwanted. But when I got to it, I'll damn prefer to stare at Orion butts instead of starfleet blokes.

The effect is multiplied if I can take my Boffs
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurian
nobody cares if you toon is male or whatever, most tend to just accept it's a guy playing a girl.

^^^ This. This thread's an entertaining read though. Especially the crack about Mk XII gear.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurian

To quote a certain animated character: "This is so educational!"
Closed Thread