Lt. Commander
People don't listen, is it really that hard to work as a team?? You can't just destroy a cube without consciousnesses, you tell them to take each cube down to 10% but they don't care they just want to blow stuff up and make you lose the mission.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acasella
People don't listen, is it really that hard to work as a team?? You can't just destroy a cube without consciousnesses, you tell them to take each cube down to 10% but they don't care they just want to blow stuff up and make you lose the mission.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
That's a little uncalled for when groups are doing speed runs by blowing each cube away systematically.

In fact, considering the cubes now regenerate, it's debatable whether your 10% method is even viable any more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Makes me wish there was some kind of qualification for doing Elites so that people who didn't have the DPS or know what to do couldn't get in.

The only solution you have is to form a team first.

And while I can almost always nail down an Infected with the optional, and I seem to lose Khitomer by the skin of our teeth. The Cure seems to be the elusive one.

And the way I see the Cure work is you kill all probes first, than kill Cube 1, Raptors, Cube 2, Warships, Cube 3.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
That's a little uncalled for when groups are doing speed runs by blowing each cube away systematically.

In fact, considering the cubes now regenerate, it's debatable whether your 10% method is even viable any more.
I did one of these speed runs last night. Damn was it satisfying. I make sure not to play STF's during peak hours when there's many green shirts on and that's if I'm doing a pub. Many people are just too dim or ignorant to care that you care if you get the objective or even the mission completed. I'm pretty sure they are fixated and their pretty phaser banks and cannons. PEW PEW!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I really, really, really hate The Cure. The ground is a massive PITA. The space with a good crew is actually pretty easy. Just getting a PUG crew without a person or two completely borking it......thats an accomplishment of its own and deserves its own accolade.

Nine out of the last ten times I've ran The Cure it was failed. The other night I managed to get into a really good group in Infected Elite, so we decided to stick together and run Cure and KA Elites as well, getting optionals on all three. But unless your in a premade like that, The Cure is the bane of all STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

speed blasting is the fastest way if you got a good DPS sqaud that knows what their doing. Always my favorite way
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-02-2012, 01:44 AM
done that a few weeks ago, speed blasting, got the elite cure space objective and optionals complete in a little more then 15 minutes, team had the FP to take out anything, including negh'vars. got the ground optional done the other day, got kinda lucky to get it, infected ground elite one is a real b**** though. its the only one i need to get that accolade.

9/10 elite stfs teams are pugs, if your lucky to get in the 1/10 then you can find yourself doing really well, but these are as rare as finding the dominion bug ship on the exchange or that kinetic federation rifle on any given player joining an stf, same with prototype drops. you want it done better, get in a fleet and organise some runs.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Elite missions win and lose.
04-02-2012, 02:04 AM
I think you have cure space confused with khitimer accord space.
In cure space,you are meant to blow everything up while protecting the I.K.S Kang until it goes away.
The 10% bit is in khitimer accord space where there is 2 gates plus the vortex.
As for doing Elite PvE missions,you can not win them all,all the time, and you can not expect people to be perfect.
I think one of the biggest problems in STO is communication.(the language barrier).
There are some that do not speak english,and quite honestly,I wish there were separate STO games in, English,French,German and spanish. wishful thinking i know.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
get in a fleet and organise some runs.
Amen!

ps. We all do get sensitive about player quality when we do STFs don't we. I just experienced that since starting my STF 'career' last night.

Also agree the missions are not hard at all. They were fun! Until some people fail optionals then Grrrrrr I see red mist forming!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Amen!

ps. We all do get sensitive about player quality when we do STFs don't we. I just experienced that since starting my STF 'career' last night.

Also agree the missions are not hard at all. They were fun! Until some people fail optionals then Grrrrrr I see red mist forming!
I partly disagree about the missions not being hard. In the elite PvE,they are extremely hard,and i wish we had a more level playing field so to speak,when combating the borg.