Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
*WARNING*

This may gross the living hell out of viewers, be sure to not eat any food while watching...think happy thoughts as well. I still cna't believe an airline allowed this to happen...and only $400 taken off the $1600 flight? I'd demand an entire free flight at least.

I guess I'd be happier to get only a small bad of pretzels from now on....
http://now.msn.com/now/0402-maggots-qantas-flight.aspx
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 03:34 PM
No one could bare to watch it huh? I don't blame ya.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
No one could bare to watch it huh? I don't blame ya.
Meh, I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan for 2 years in the US Navy. If you seen half the crap they eat over there, a few maggots in a bag wouldnt bother you none.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeknow
Meh, I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan for 2 years in the US Navy. If you seen half the crap they eat over there, a few maggots in a bag wouldnt bother you none.
Very good point there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Consider what kind of food was available aboard ships before refrigeration was invented. Maggots and weevils were present more often than not, once you got into the third or fourth month away from land. Compared to that, MRE's (or even K-rations) are paradise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
In all honesty, is anyone surprised in the end that this happened...the lack of quality in general for most airline services in the past years makes me wonder why this isn't common.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Maggots. Sealed packet. Mass produced package.

This could go a very long way down the logistics chain.

Is it made in China?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Maggots. Sealed packet. Mass produced package.

This could go a very long way down the logistics chain.
^This.

The entire batch would contain maggots in them, whether they be dead or alive. A friend of mine found a couple of them in a Snickers bar a while back, wrote the company and they filed a recall. I know for a fact, b/c I was there when she bit into it.

However, they're an excellent source of protein!.. if you're Bear Grylls, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2012, 11:27 PM
In the U.S., said woman would have sued the airline for a six-digit (at least) compensation and most probably would have won.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
only $400 taken off the $1600 flight? I'd demand an entire free flight at least.
Seriously? As posted in this thread, it's not even the airline's fault. Getting 25% off the cost of your flight is more than enough compensation for finding some maggots in some trail mix.

One of my pet peeves are people who demand things for free because of little mistakes.