Lt. Commander
Quote:
Literary Challenge #16 : First Contact
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #16 : First Contact.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Another interesting idea.

I have a few ideas that'd work, but they mostly fit under the category of "Crossovers".

Basically, I'd have humans from another universe get transported into the Trek Universe, and interact with one of my characters. This would also include a Quantum-Mechanical Counterpart of the Character in question.

This seem like an idea that would work?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
encountering only humans or Klingon's? My captain is Caitian; so would it be encountering the same race as your captain?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoLunus View Post
encountering only humans or Klingon's? My captain is Caitian; so would it be encountering the same race as your captain?
Good point! Edited

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 04:08 AM
well my story is up, hopefully it's enjoyable and not too obvious. Either way, feel free to give me feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2012, 01:50 AM
And mine's done.
I made an alt who was a sentient Orion Entertainment Hologram mostly as a joke, and, well, she's developed into something more now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Got part of mine up, it'll be a multi-parter, like the old Cadet one we did long ago (I suggest some people read that one, its my favourite one that I've put up so far and I was writing 50k words in about an hour at 3am, so it was very much a labbour of love). Why is it a multi-parter? Because I just love writing big epic stuff too much.

Now, feedback please people, I do a lot of writing like this and I consider one of the things I'm most comfortable doing, so I'd like to know other's feelings on what I write.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Second part is up, for the song that features in it, I took inspiration from this adaptation from the Phoenix Wright games (for those who would like to put some context to the song):

Magical Link of Clickableness here!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Third Part, I'm buzzing now! Its been so long since I've been able to really go nuts with this kind of thing, and now that I've got an outlet, I've found myself typing more than I thought I would.

One more part should do it, there might be a small fifth part, but I don't know.