Lt. Commander
# 21
04-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
That might be how it behaved for you. It did not behave that way for me at all. (With the aforementioned screenshots in this thread as evidence.) Only after completing 4/4 (4/6) did this allow me to advance to stage 5/6 (which is in progress - with another 7.5 hours remaining).
Your screenshots prove nothing. Your experience of not being able to see the "Bribe Locals" assignment (the correct 4th assignment in this chain) would have to corroborated against people who could see it in the same location in order for it to prove that you were blocked from it because you hadn't completed the bugged repeatable.

Also, your argument about not seeing it on any of your characters is only valid of all of them were at the exact same point in the chain - i.e. completed the 3rd assignment and haven't completed the bugged repeatable or completed the "Bribe Locals" assignment. You have not specified whether this is the case or not.

On the other hand, my experience is directly corroborated by the screenshot in post #8 of this thread, which is exactly what the chain in my log looks like - I have never done the bugged repeatable assignment, and I was still able to complete the 5-assignment chain.

Combing our experiences proves another point - since marhawkman and I completed the chain without the bugged repeatable, and you have completed it (or at least have progressed past this point) with the bugged repeatable, then it follows that the bugged repeatable has no effect on a character's progress in this chain.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
This happened to me yesterday. I was on the 4/4 part of the chain. It popped, and I grabbed it. Then I read what the sheet said about not completing it, and some people in the DOFFJOBS channel confirmed that. So I aborted the assignment. The listing of the chains did not have it checked off as complete. After the next sector reset, I found 5/6 and was able to pick it up.

I then logged onto my alt (who never picked up the 4/4 at all), and he was able to pick up 5/6 as well.

So I think either 4/4 is bugged as not being required to go to the next step, OR listing it as part of the chain is what is bugged.

EDIT: And the 5/6 was picked up in Psi Velorum, not ESD/sol/SFA.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
No. I visit Earth every day on all of my toons for various reasons. I would check availability for assignments as soon as they were up (every 4 hours while I was awake). Short answer: no. Long answer: No.
Actually no, just because you checked Earth everyday, doesn't mean you would have found it. Actually I pretty sure the assignment isn't restricted to Sol, so likely you just didn't find it.

Now lets look at things logically in the context other chains. Colonical Chain repeatables are all Establish/Transport/etc. Additional Such-and-Such in the Whatever cluster. These are all the names of the Chain assignments but with Additional inserted into the name of the assignment.

In the Gamma Quadrant commodity chains we see the same thing. We have "Investigate Biochemical Properties of XXX" which unlocks a repeatable assignment "Investigate Additional Biochemical Properties of XXX"

Logically from the previously establish nomenclature of these assignment we can conclude that "Perform Additional Forensic Sweep" is the repeatable assignment unlocked from completing "Perform Forensic Sweep". "Perform Additional Forensic Sweeps (4/4)" is not required to complete the chain but it does show up more often then "Bribe Locals (4/5)"

While Yes there is a bug in the reporting of the chain. The actual bug, is that the repeatable assignment is being reported as part of a chain. First we consider the name of the assignment. Then look at the position it is placed int he chain, 4/4, which is obviously incorrect as all other assignments in the chain state "X/5" and "Bribe locals" has the 4/5 designation.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael
Combing our experiences proves another point - since marhawkman and I completed the chain without the bugged repeatable, and you have completed it (or at least have progressed past this point) with the bugged repeatable, then it follows that the bugged repeatable has no effect on a character's progress in this chain.
Unless, of course, as I pointed out long before you chimed in on this thread, multiple scenarios are playing out. I did in fact point out that I did not have the next (correct) step show up until well after. In this case, AFTER completing 4. It did not show up at all in the week I popped around ESD on respawn intervals. Yet, magically, it did immediately after finishing 4.

I'm not trying to tell you what your experience is. Why are you insisting you know what mine was, is, or should be? That's awfully presumptuous of you (not to mention wrong as it doesn't match my experience).

In any event, which I am still not sure why people are ignoring/jumping past, you should be filing a bug report and or pointing to an existing one. Regardless of whether it is A.) As I described, B.) As you describe, or C.) a case where scenario A happens to some and scenario B happens to others, it should still be flagged as a bug (which I said on the very first page of this thread no less). Arguing ANYTHING else is neither productive nor useful and ONLY serves to derail the original point: IT IS BUGGED.

Are we still unclear?
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Arguing ANYTHING else is neither productive nor useful and ONLY serves to derail the original point: IT IS BUGGED.
Did I ever say, "You're wrong, this ain't bugged at all"? No. My first post was a clarification of what exactly IS bugged. It is a display bug that is not preventing anyone from progressing the chain.

The fact that you did not find it over a week's timespan in a single location doesn't mean it was being locked out to you. This chain is available throughout Federation and Klingon space (the blue and red sectors), the "Bribe Locals" assignment specifically is not guaranteed to be available anywhere on any given 4-hour interval, and when it does appear, it is in only one of more than 10 possible locations.

Is it unlikely that an entire week could pass without it being available at ESD? Yes. Is it impossible for that to happen? No.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-05-2012, 02:02 PM
The back and forth on this thread is ultimately pointless. I'm not going to claim (nor should anyone else who isn't on the developer end and can see the code) what the correct final outcome should be. That is why I filed the bug and pointed it out here in the thread.

Any argument saying that they think I'm wrong (or that I'm right) is also pointless. Putting one's experiences in the thread (for or against) is fine and valid. Presuming to speak for another player or a developer is wrong and invalid.

As this thread has served its purpose, let the developers do their job and determine how/what needs to be fixed.