Lt. Commander
I want to warn everyone that now we have a problem of account hacking, in which you can google how to HACK STO, and having our Fleet Banks cleaned out of EC & items. Yet we have no repercussions on getting our stolen items & EC back. Our Fleet was ripped off of 700 mil EC for our Fed & Klingon StarBases, in which it took a year to accumulate. So now we have to attempt to re-accumulate what we lost. I can bet you that amount of EC it is being sold for real money. So what are Fleets to do to get back what is stolen due to hackers, gold farmers or whatever.

I am the Fleet Admiral of TFD if any Dev would care to contact me.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=259233

Above is the first message I posted in the forums for the return of our STOLEN EC BY HACKERS, here is link to the Now Closed post is above. Several things were said in that post that pointed to Cryptic possibly being to blame for the HACKS, and that Perfect World does not have a good reputation with customers & or customer support. Well that is being shown right now.

As far as STO Wiki, our Admiral's account that was hacked was on STO Wiki last Nov 2011. He was out for a month or so, and logged in to his account when the first weekly episode began. So, SORRY THAT DOESN'T FLY. Why would hacker wait so long to hack his account. Besides that I do believe that the STO Wiki has been smashed anyway.

All of this was right after the F2P started.....think.....hardly a coincidence. I really don't think Cryptic knew what they were getting in to when they went F2P because you can Google how to HACK STO.

We have been told Cryptic is unable to return the EC that was stolen by HACKERS, basically to bad for you. I do not believe that Cryptic cannot return our EC, or that Cryptic does not know EXACTLY WHERE AND WHO has or had ALL OUR FLEET'S STOLEN EC. They have stated before they have knowledge of player statistics, along with other statistics, and that means they know everything that goes on in the game.

Every Fleet that has been affected needs to ban together so we can put pressure on Cryptic TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

We all need to make our voice be herad.

We need to have better security measure in place to prevent such HACKS in the future, whick I believe this has already been stated and agreed by numerous posts.

JUST A LITTLE QUOTE FOR THOUGHT
Based on several judgments regarding the liabilities of online game operators for loss of virtual assets by game players, the courts have generally required the online game operators to provide well-developed security systems to protect such virtual assets owned by game players. In the event of a loss of virtual assets, we may be sued by game players and may be held liable for damages.

Quote from Perfect World Annual 2010 report on page 26......:-))))
http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/images/2010_ar.pdf
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 05:06 PM
This also going to get closed for the same reasonj as the last thread.

Again its suggesting the pwe merge is the security problem.

Again its suggesting that it was in no way whatsoever a user issue(key logger, poor password, social engineering) which is most likely.
In addition stowiki was found to have a dodgy advert (key logger) that has been resolved. However this does not mean other STO fan sites also had a security issue with the same logger.

The qoute you listed:
Quote:
Based on several judgments regarding the liabilities of online game operators for loss of virtual assets by game players, the courts have generally required the online game operators to provide well-developed security systems to protect such virtual assets owned by game players. In the event of a loss of virtual assets, we may be sued by game players and may be held liable for damages.
Who ir what is that from exactly. Without a source a qoute is pretty worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 05:12 PM
That Quote is from Perfect Worlds 2010 Annual report at,

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/images/2010_ar.pdf

On page 26, have fun reading/
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm going to close this one down.
You can visit http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=260629 to continue the discussion if you wish (like Brandon suggested in the last thread on this same identical topic). However I will repaste this --

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE/ Cryptic Lead Customer Service Manager
Just to be crystal clear, and leave no room for misunderstandings:
  • Cryptic servers have not been compromised.
  • PWE servers have not been compromised.
    • If they were, we would have notified you.

Even if your account was accessed by a villain who had your username and password, your credit card information is safe. No one Ė not you, not Customer Support, not anyone Ė can view the full credit card number after itís been submitted into the system.

If your account has been accessed by a villain who stole all your items and energy credits, follow these instructions.

Customer Support cannot roll back fleet banks. We would if we could, but we canít (not wonít Ė literally canít.)

And to reiterate all the good security advice out there, because it bears repeating:
  • Use a unique login name for each game and website.
  • Create passwords that are strong and unique, and keep them secure.
  • Use an antivirus.
  • Install an ad-blocker and a pop-up blocker.
  • Donít click a link if you donít know where it goes.
  • Read our "Account Security and You" forum announcement here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/announcement.php?a=12
Closed Thread