Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Im still using the borg set and I think it is helping, but I dont know for sure. Maybe it is placebo or maybe its due to other factors. The stats on the engine and deflector arent that good (+5 aux is nice on a sci ship though)

(This is in Arena)
Im mainly using it for the 3 piece shield regen proc. It defiantly kicks in when I most need a shield regen, at 20% shields. But at that point, if they got me down to 20% on one facing from 14k and 60% shield resistance, I would think that a little more regen isnt going to help much. I can see the green shields glowing, so I know the proc works.

What are your opinions on it? Do you think it is worth it to still run borg? Maybe I should switch to Aegis for avoidance or Omega for the glider or Jem Hadar since I run Polaron.

Im looking at all of the deflectors right now and I like the +18 Starship Targeting Systems from the Omega, +24 Starship Flow Capacitors from the Jem Hadar and all of the shield bonuses from the Aegis.

Note, Im sticking with MACO shields for the energy gain and 10% energy damage reduction. I dont care for Reactive Shielding, or any or the other 3/3 bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2012, 12:51 AM
With Multi-Regenerative Shield Array and a high regen shield you can tank more DPS than a MACO or any other high hitpoint based shield.

The way I see it there is a set amount of incoming DPS that kills MACO/hitpoint setups but does not kill regen setups.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I run 3/4 Borg a high-capacity shield on my Varanus, and I must say that it makes the thing darn-near unkillable. Takes a while to take down my shields below 20%, and when they do the multi-regen pops up. Add that to a decent set for shield heals/buffs and you'll be set.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
With Multi-Regenerative Shield Array and a high regen shield you can tank more DPS than a MACO or any other high hitpoint based shield.

The way I see it there is a set amount of incoming DPS that kills MACO/hitpoint setups but does not kill regen setups.
However, this won't help you with suprise alpha strikes. I run the Borg 3-piece alongside a Mk XI paratrinic shield array, which has the highest capacity in the game. Tanks fine.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 02:49 AM
I have tac team up pretty much constantly so never have a problem with Alpha strikes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the replies. Im wondering what you guys fly. That also changes how you play and what shield modifiers you have.

Im using an Intrepid-R, so I only have 1 tactical team. The other slot is BOII.
I dont really have a problem with consistent damage. just alphas. Due to the console nerf, I now have 0 field generators and 2 emitter arrays. At 125 shield power maybe it would be better to switch to a regenerative.

I would need 2 tactical teams which would hurt the offensive capability.

What about using 3 blue Conn officers. Im not spending 9 million EC to test, but for anyone who does have them, would that mean the downtime for tactical team would be reduced to 2 seconds?

30-10-6*3=2

Is it able to overcome its own 15sec global cooldown?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Tac Odyssey for me. Tac team has/had a 15sec cooldown and I believe the new patch notes for the test server had some sort of change.

EDIT; I was wrong," •Modified Damage Conotrol Engineer duty officer active roster power proc chance to increase the proc chance rather than decrease the cooldown more, since at higher quality ranks the cooldown was running up against the global cooldown value, especially when stacking multiple duty officers of this type" I better log in and check the tac team cooldown as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
Thanks for the replies. Im wondering what you guys fly. That also changes how you play and what shield modifiers you have.

Im using an Intrepid-R, so I only have 1 tactical team. The other slot is BOII.
I dont really have a problem with consistent damage. just alphas. Due to the console nerf, I now have 0 field generators and 2 emitter arrays. At 125 shield power maybe it would be better to switch to a regenerative.

I would need 2 tactical teams which would hurt the offensive capability.

What about using 3 blue Conn officers. Im not spending 9 million EC to test, but for anyone who does have them, would that mean the downtime for tactical team would be reduced to 2 seconds?

30-10-6*3=2

Is it able to overcome its own 15sec global cooldown?

TT/ET and ST Doffs, reduce at the rate of 2/4/6/8 seconds at their respective ranks and you can equip a max of 3 of any specific one. This way 2 purple TT Doffs will bring the CD on TT to 14 seconds, but the global for crew is still capped at 15.

On my cruiser, i switched from 2 +35% shield, to 1 +18% shield and 1 +13% regen, IT IS MUCH MORE TANKY, I'm using the MACO, so the regen is quite good anyway.

I cant tell you the usefullness of the 3pc Borg set, but I can tall you that in Inf/KA the 2pc Borg set will heal me for nearly 200k per STF, THIS IS DEFINATLY WORTH IT!

I will point out that I can tank a Gate solo from 100-0% WITHOUT a single TT,