Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Here is a 10 minute clip of the remake/ reboot of Space Battleship Yamato (known in the USA as Star Blazers). IMO it's about time, I loved this toon back in the day, and this remaking of it looks very nice so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QreLP...layer_embedded

BTW has anyone watched the live action version?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 06:45 AM
I enjoyed the live action film. You can get it uncut at Amazon with English subtitles. Here is a link to the live action film (edited version) you can watch on you tube. They used to have the unedited english version...

Live action Yamato MOVIE (Japenese Language I think.)

I still remember the trailer for the woman's smile... I always wished someone would smile at me like that lol. (I typically get stuff thrown at me instead.)

Trailer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I've been following all Yamato related news on the Starblazers.com facebook page. Plus we have a guy on a non-affiliated group on Facebook that hits other points as well. Waiting for more Yamato stuff to be sent over here, but for some odd reason, the production company that made Yamato: Resurrection, The live action movie, and Yamato:2199 seem to be avoiding the US
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 10:10 AM
That's a shame too, cause there is a nice following on this side of the world. I just wish they would release english DUBBED versions over here. But maybe they are testing the waters with the old version on Netflixs, and they want to see if there is still a huge following over here, and not just a hand full of fans.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I may be guilty of trying to get a Space Battleship Yamato inspired starship in as the Enterprise-F
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
it.was.excitin.o.see.her.agan.winteRs!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 11:39 PM
I want to buy the Galaxy-X for the "Wave Motion Gun" but waiting for the saucer separation ability first

In the meantime I will liberally spam CSV1 to pass off as some battlestar.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I want to buy the Galaxy-X for the "Wave Motion Gun" but waiting for the saucer separation ability first

In the meantime I will liberally spam CSV1 to pass off as some battlestar.
That's one of teh reasons I kind of enjoy the MACO space set. Even if it's been horribly nerfed, the Heavy Graviton Beam kind of acts like a Wave Motion Gun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
That's a shame too, cause there is a nice following on this side of the world. I just wish they would release english DUBBED versions over here. But maybe they are testing the waters with the old version on Netflixs, and they want to see if there is still a huge following over here, and not just a hand full of fans.
I own part of the series and rented the other part through Netflix (rarely seen in US season 3). And I wasn't too fond of the third season but first and especially the second were great. I wonder if something was lost in the dub for season 3 since they had different voice actors.

But I wish it got the same treatment as Gatchaman did with the dvd release and keeping true to the translation instead of Americanizing it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
I own part of the series and rented the other part through Netflix (rarely seen in US season 3). And I wasn't too fond of the third season but first and especially the second were great. I wonder if something was lost in the dub for season 3 since they had different voice actors.

But I wish it got the same treatment as Gatchaman did with the dvd release and keeping true to the translation instead of Americanizing it.
I have all 3 series' on DVD, and you're right about the 3rd season. It was off, but I think it was off due to the different voice actors, like you said. I hang around the Starblazers.com website and their Facebook page for new news about our favorite Space Battleship. On ething I did notice in seson 3 though, apparently they only name Space Battleships after old battleships that were lost tragically. Arizona, Bismark, Hood etc etc