Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
64 dps for the bolt setting and a very low 121 damage "blast" for the 2nd fire mode are by far too low for a Mark XI weapon. It's quite special and nice to look at but way underpowered.

Mark XI weapons have around 98 dps as standard, the Alpha mission reward weapon only comes to ~66% of this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
64 dps for the bolt setting and a very low 121 damage "blast" for the 2nd fire mode are by far too low for a Mark XI weapon. It's quite special and nice to look at but way underpowered.

Mark XI weapons have around 98 dps as standard, the Alpha mission reward weapon only comes to ~66% of this.
^I haven't played through it yet but, 64 DPS is pathetic for a Mk XI rifle. the MK VII Type 2 Phaser I have left over in my bank from the devidian missions does 78 dps I think (I'm at work and cant check the exact dps). I will run through it tonight when I'm out and update the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes, the weapon will soon be getting a balance pass. It will never be one of those "better than everything else" sort of hand-cannons, but it will be brought in line with similar weaponry.

We left it at a relatively low power setting initially because it's always better received to increase an item's effectiveness, rather than decrease it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
Yes, the weapon will soon be getting a balance pass. It will never be one of those "better than everything else" sort of hand-cannons, but it will be brought in line with similar weaponry.

We left it at a relatively low power setting initially because it's always better received to increase an item's effectiveness, rather than decrease it.
the tos type 1 hand phaser reward from the last klingon mission still gives level less, extreamly weak damage, there are no mk versions of it at all and it doesn't level scale
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey there,

New systems designer here. Jeremy and I looked at the numbers on the rifle and made some changes. The left click now has a much faster rate of fire and a longer range, more similar to a sniper rifle. I also fixed a bug that was causing one of the ranks to scale incorrectly. This will result in a significant overall DPS increase.

The right click's area of effect has been significantly increased, but the damage was slightly lowered to compensate. The cooldown for the right click is very fast, so with the increased area of effect, this should (in theory) be much more useful now.

Thanks for the feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:

Pls apply this mantra to carrier pets
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
Pls apply this mantra to carrier pets
I 2nd this motion!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonCryptic
Hey there,

New systems designer here. Jeremy and I looked at the numbers on the rifle and made some changes. The left click now has a much faster rate of fire and a longer range, more similar to a sniper rifle. I also fixed a bug that was causing one of the ranks to scale incorrectly. This will result in a significant overall DPS increase.

The right click's area of effect has been significantly increased, but the damage was slightly lowered to compensate. The cooldown for the right click is very fast, so with the increased area of effect, this should (in theory) be much more useful now.

Thanks for the feedback!
Left / right click... I assume the same changes were made to RPG mode?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Left / right click... I assume the same changes were made to RPG mode?
They're the same abilities. Use of the terms "left/right click" is interchangeable with "primary/secondary attack."
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
They're the same abilities. Use of the terms "left/right click" is interchangeable with "primary/secondary attack."
I figured, I just know that there's apparently some difference between shooter and RPG (I say apparently because I never use shooter mode). So it makes sense in my head that they may be adjusted differently.