Lt. Commander
# 1 Symbionts - A Plea to the Devs
04-05-2012, 01:58 AM
I've always loved the Trill. So when I chose my main, I chose to be Trill. I had no idea if I would ever have the opportunity to gain a symbiont or if one was automatically a part of life as a Trill character. I quickly learned that Joined Trills are purchasable from the C-Store and I got really excited. And then I couldn't find any information from the C-Store as to whether it only made the option available for new alts or if it would upgrade my main so that he could be joined. And then I started digging on the board here and through the Wiki and learned that it, sadly, does not give my current Trill a symbiont of his very own.

So here's my plea. I don't want to have to get rid of my main and restart him as a Joined Trill in order to have him be a Joined Trill. I'm more than willing to purchase the symbiont from the C-Store, I'd just like to be able to have the option to do it for my already existing main; instead of having it be available as a future character.

I know that there's probably some substantial coding work involved in this, but I feel like other people may be interested in purchasing it as well.

A really far-out and time consuming idea for how to do this would be to make a token purchasable at the C-Store that allows your Trill character to go through the Joining Trials on the Trill Homeworld. This would require there to be a Trill Homeworld on the map and a string of episodes to be constructed, but it would be a lot of fun to do. And then, just so that no one complains about having to purchase something to go through the missions, they could be playable as a training exercise with dilithium and/or equipment awards. But to get the real symbiont for your Trill, you'd have to but the token.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 03:51 AM
It would be nice if people could choose to have their Trills joined later on. But I really think building a Trill Homeworld map with quests for it is out of the question. Far too much work for something so minor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
It would be nice if people could choose to have their Trills joined later on. But I really think building a Trill Homeworld map with quests for it is out of the question. Far too much work for something so minor.
Minor would be defined by the number of players having an "empty" Trill and wishing to "upgrade".

Id be very much interested in some server statistics btw.:

- existing and most actively played characters by faction, race, gender, branch
- accounts exclusively/mostly FED/KDF

Just percentages here - I recon they wont give out information on player numbers.

Sadly, character re-builts - which this would technically be - are not planned in the forseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Have hope! It looks like at some point you may be able to re-species your character, and thus join your trill to a symbiont.

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

about 2/3 of the way down, it says:

"Re-species (and thus re-trait) character", however that is under "undetermined release"
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately for the OP, that pretty much means "we've talked about it, and think it might be cool, and we might get to it before the game shuts down. Maybe."

In practical terms? Delete and reroll your character (or make a new one representing the joined version), or learn to live with them as they are. Sorry, but that really is my best advice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
The fun thing is that I wasn´t tempted the least bit to make an unjoined Trill at launch. They´re boring. Why ? All you know about them is that they have spots and cold hands. The only background that makes them appealing from a canon point of view is the Joining. So I created a Joined Trill when they became available through the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 7 trill rage
04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
i am an unjoined trill on my main and do not wish to be joined... if you read the lore and stories fo the trill not all trill are joined and not all desire to be joined. while i can understand your plight and dismay it is somewhat unrealistic to expect a large scale redesign and adding new maps and abilities in order to save yuo from making a new toon especially when you can level one up in just a matter of days now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
I think the idea was more of a "respec" that also covered gender, species and traits instead of just skills ... the renaming token is hilarious overpriced for what it does.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
The idea of a Trill Joining episode is interesting, but will never happen just to facilitate purchase of a token that a small portion of the player-base will need/want.

The following from Memory Alpha:

Quote:
Though nearly half of the population is capable of being joined, they [Symbiosis Commission] claim that only one Trill in a thousand is capable, thus making the rare symbionts privileges to be earned, as opposed to commodities to be purchased or fought over.
That being said, there's nothing stopping you from calling yourself a Joined Trill. And you get to choose your third trait instead of being required to take Joined Symbiote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawnne
"Re-species (and thus re-trait) character", however that is under "undetermined release"
I'm hoping they never allow you to re-species any character. Re-trait, yes... changing species, no!