04-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Feds heard we were getting content.

Shot the GoS servers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I did so because a Mod edited one of my posts and gave me a warning for saying "KDF players need to stop whining about lack of content and do something to make the faction more populated and worthwhile to develop content for."
Unfortunately for you discussing moderation is against the forum rules.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-05-2012, 08:02 AM
I understand that the KDF faction has taken a backseat due to revenue problems both at launch and later, it's a bad time economically and we're all feeling the crunch. But to say the KDF doesn't warrant the investment of said revenue because of the numbers is unethical when as a direct result of the decisions Cryptic has made have skewered those numbers, i.e. the lack of content and inability to make a KDF character at the start of the game. I also realize some of these decisions were made because of revenue problems but there again part of the reason for the revenue loss is due to the incompleteness of the KDF faction. Cryptic has stuck itself into a rut with its mindset concerning the KDF faction and have turned into some type of self fulfilling prophesy.

And there's no chicken or the egg scenario here. If it was built you'd have more people there. There are several indicators that backup the truth of this -

-The fact that the KDF faction has had a percentage (12% - 18%) throughout its existence even through the worst of the content draught tells me there is a fanbase there but is lacking in diversity and content to attract more.

-The fact we have had KAW, KAW2, and maybe having another Klingon event in July says there is a big interest in the KDF faction or at least that they are more involved with their community/faction and in the game. You don't see any events like these or the loyalty for the game on the blue side.

-The fact that there are books, websites, and various other media/items that are Klingon says they are part of our popular culture. There is a Klingon language and martial arts form that fans use and you have two options when buying Star Trek costumes, Starfleet uniforms and Klingon uniforms. This all points to a rather large fanbase for Klingons.

There are many more but it is plain to see if it was built there would be a bigger percentage playing the red side. I liked the analogy someone made about not building a framework for a new house until you had a roof over the previous one. To put that analogy into perspective very few are going to live in a house with no roof, put the roof on and they will move in.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately for you discussing moderation is against the forum rules.
He means "Maude" from the old Bea Arther TV show.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Link that works? News?
Thanks was intrested in listening to the intervjew.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I play STO mainly for the KDF side of things. I just find it to be more exiting, interesting, and fun than playing as the Federation. If management/Devs are concerned about population of the KDF faction I think it's quite obvious that more folks would play as KDF if it were a fully fleshed-out faction. Why not have a small team dedicated to the KDF faction?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post

even the village idiot can figure that out.
Which is why game deverlopers would never ever have the idea to release a broken faction and keep it that way.
From some of the responses from some fans in the forums about thier desire to not need a KDF faction level of gameplay or any other faction level of gameplay other than the majority that exists, the village may not have enough common sense to go around. Xenofactionaphobia.
As I said we are caught in a trap and the only way out is to wait and hope we don't contiue to fall prey to the mindset of XFP's.
I no longer doubt the "desire" of the Devs to create KDF content.
The saddest thing is that the longer the Level-capped KDF'ers have nothing to do the more the fans that only play the KDF will slowly disapeer and be replaced by those whom only do it as alternative when they are bored of teh fedplay, which in themselves will become bored and stop playing or just end up changing the KDF into something that no longer resembles anything Klingon and just falls back into monster play.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

From some of the responses from some fans in the forums about thier desire to not need a KDF faction level of gameplay or any other faction level of gameplay other than the majority that exists, the village may not have enough common sense to go around. Xenofactionaphobia.
I think it's mainly a fear of PVP that people have. Take a notice around the forums where mention of open-PVP concepts are discussed and the majority of Feds seem to notify all their friends and start lighting their torches. Completing the KDF faction might cause mass hysteria, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I apologize for the troubles with site. We've had to bring in a new engineering team. Gorn this time. I think G'hargh distracted the Orions. The website will be back up soon. I will post an announcement here, when it's back. Thank you for your patience.

No! This goes there and that goes here. ...

Now where did I leave my hypospanner? ...
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
The fact that you provided a transcript: AWESOME.

The fact that the website is broken: NOT awesome. (Says it can't find the server)

Edit: sorry didn't see that last post. Still awesome that you provided a write-up. Most podcasts here neglect that duty.