Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizadushku
I've come across all this and agree 100% with all this. i joined a fleet, oddly its got 3 fleets consisting of nearlly 1000 members, and a chat channel consisting of all 3 fleets for people who want to talk between each of the fleets. as far as the pugging goes, alot of the fleet i am in either arent level 50 or arent ready for elite STF so i pug them.....today really got on my nerves because this has been happening for several days now.....

When doing any STF, usually there is some Tool that comes in and completely ruins the Optional objective. OK ill tell the story, doing the infected stf elite, the 10% rule, we had this guy kill a generator, while 2 were still on 100% , then left the group the moment he got out of Red Alert.

heres the thing thats really getting on my nerves.... im guessing he had to log, or his mummy or daddy was on his back or something. because he gets a 1 hour ban from STFs so he isnt affected by the 1 hour....
what i dont like about this is, its hard to get a replacement, my fleet either isnt 50 or isnt prepared for elite (so they say) maybe i should join a higher fleet. but , the problem is with 4 of 5 people still in the STF and we dont have enough DPS to kill the transformer before nanite spheres reach it. 4x we cleared the nanite spheres and nuked the transformer, down to about 30% before nanite spheres were spawning. now what we should have been doing was pwning the nanite spheres the moment they spawned before they reached the transformer, but again our dps wasnt that good, and if 3 spheres spawned we'd only get 2 before the third shot his beam.....

now my problem is , this makes a completely ruined STF because of 1 scrub...... so ....with out being able to get a 5th, and no 1 randomly joining after 25 mins, how do the other 4 people avoid the 1 hour ban from all STFs ??? i love playing this game, and honestly ....i do STFs elite every day until some scrub ruins it, then i go play league of legends or WoW.......

The 1 hour ban is a joke for failed groups that cant complete the mission because of a leaver or 2.......
maybe like league of legends.....after a 15-20 minute time frame. there should be a surrender option. that will give us the 1 hour ban from that particular stf (just like a win) but still allow us to Queue up for others......

Why does 4 people have to suffer because of 1 ****er , who queues up knowing he cant stay till the end ?
IMO, its not entirely the 1 persons fault. Even with low dps, if any one person on your team was prepared, blowing a generator early doesnt matter. Repulsors/Gravity Well/Graviton Pulse Generator... when going with PUGs, you should always carry 2/3 just in case.

Example: Same situation as you. Some guy flew in, blew up a single generator, aggroed the gate, blew up, and stayed that way for the remainder of the mission. Instead of trying to out dps the nanites, the remaining 3 finished of the generators, dpsed the transformer, while I used Repulsors and the Graviton console to keep the probes away. I was in my JemHadar ship, but if I was in my MVAE, Gravity Well would have made it even easier. You dont need to keep them back indefinitely, you just need to buy an extra 30-60 seconds,which I find is easy to do with the console/repulsor (slow effect plus push them as far back as you can). Now, we didnt get the optional, but came within 30 seconds of it (we had some problems with the tactical cube at first, not getting it had nothing to do with the generator blowing too early).

Point being, if you join a PUG, be prepared. If you come in with pure dps with no skills that are actually useful if things go wrong, you are just asking for a failure...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-09-2012, 06:42 AM
I was doing KA on Normal. 55 minutes and didn't finish it. There was one player who was sitting beside a gate laying mines above it for half an hour. Not even in front of it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Its too easy to level up and get into STFs, if people can get to max level in a day or two then their going to try steamrolling STFs as well and we then have to either teach them to do them or do private ones. If people domt want to join fleets and be social, thats fine. Its not for everyone, but you then pay the price in the qeues.

Of coirse, Cryptic wont put elite STFs on a higher shelf or make ppl jump hoops to get into them, because a lot of F2P'ers simply wont bother trying and find another game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
In the "infected" elite STF. Everyone worked to kill cubes and spheres. it was nice. Everyone went to gen. One per player I think. At 10% I stopped to wait for people as 2 players because one didn't come to 10%. Suddenly one gen blew up. Everyone shot his gen. The guy who was late has not time to kill the gen on time and the bad shooter didn't help him. We got much spheres. This stupid shooter was attacking again and again. And he respawned again and again. Finaly we killed the transformer. We went the right side and he did the the same. Someone said in the chat stupid shooter you're idiot. A klingon gave up. We were 4. With tac and I support each other of us to kill spheres. He had DPS and I could heal him. We fought. Another player left the STF. After a while I said in the chat that we are 3. The stupid shooter, the tac and me. Eventhough the Tac and I support each other not to be killed. We could win. they said ok. We left. We failed. Some people play STF not for optional just for getting enjoyable and they make the STF as hell.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris8016 View Post
I was doing KA on Normal. 55 minutes and didn't finish it. There was one player who was sitting beside a gate laying mines above it for half an hour. Not even in front of it.
55 mins on normal???? jeez, I would've had the patience.