Lt. Commander
# 21
04-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
1) Yes, PWE/Cryptic did change their mind with regard to future development for the KDF as far as what was said during the nF2P transition days (including a post by Stromshade emphatically stating a "Klingon content patch was in the works - and that he wouldn't come to the Forums to post such if he hadn't heard it from multiple internal Cryptic Devs.)
Well it might not be Nagus' point but I'll stand up and take some heat on this one.

They didn't change their mind.

It was just another completely hollow/empty promise in terms of the topic of the KDF.

Toss it on the pile with the rest.

Many people said that when the KDF was cut in half and turned into a micro-faction that the faction was finally abandoned. And the company has a long track record of terrible PR spin.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I think that is obvious. However if it is simply a matter of different people having different opinions, they why did you tell us that PW(in a collective context) wanted the KDF to be on par with the Feds?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...71#post3715871

Why were we repeatedly told that PW(in a collective context) wanted equal factions if it was simply a matter of "different individuals have different opinions"?
Because priorities change. IMPO, as a vet MMO player, the answer is self-evident and typically does not come with any apologies from the dev staff. You develop the features that will benefit the most players or earn the most revenue, and if there's still time left on the schedule before the next ramp-up, you work on wish list items.

In the world of MMOs there's no such thing as a promise. Anyone who thinks differently is, for lack of a better word, delusional.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
Because priorities change. IMPO, as a vet MMO player, the answer is self-evident and typically does not come with any apologies from the dev staff. You develop the features that will benefit the most players, and if there's still time left on the schedule before the next ramp-up, you work on wish list items.
Stating that priorities change is like stating that the sky is blue; obvious statement is obvious. And no apology is being asked for. What is being asked for is an actual explanation. Do they have to give one? No. But that doesnt mean I cant ask. We were told(repeatedly) that PW wanted equal factions, now we're being told something completely different. I'm asking for the reason behind the change, not the obvious fact that there was a change.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
... and it was such a nice Klingon Week...
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
We were told(repeatedly) that PW wanted equal factions, now we're being told something completely different. I'm asking for the reason behind the change, not the obvious fact that there was a change.
I think any good Ferengi worth his salt could see that, if there was a change, it is probably because faction equality won't earn much of a profit, so far as the current playerbase is concerned But shareholders don't typically respond to questions on forums. Them and the Marketing people have more control over development direction than the developers themselves.

Maybe if more players tried the Klingon faction, they might change their minds, but I've seen this issue before with City of Villains, and the "red side" never quite got all of the attention the smaller but vocal players for that faction asked for.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-04-2012, 04:58 PM
On September 2nd 2010 I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I say Cryptic just calls Klingons "monster play" and be done with it.
Perhaps they got the message.

Lt. Commander
# 27
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
So Cryptic has approached the healthy game target with different options and right now that option is focus on End Game because nearly everyone is Level 51 so any effort there benefits everyone and the long term health of the game the most. If we can do more, we will.

I am a Klingon player with several characters at Level 51 (and several Fed characters maxed as well) plus shoulder like others the responsibilities that come with trying to keep a fleet healthy and alive.

The biggest complaint that crosses my flight path on a near daily basis are players (myself included) who want different things to do than the simple rehash and rerunning grind of the STFs.

When we were going into our interview with DStahl, I as a Klingon player wanted to know what was going to be done to make us start at level one.

Then I walked away realizing something ... What good is it to start at level one if we are going to lose those same players at level 51 just because they grow board with the game ... not having new and exciting things to do.

I have to side with the EP on this one as my Klingon wants healthy activity to keep him fit in the old age of his existence within the game.

And we have been seeing new content rolling out beyond the featured episode ... and this isn't even touching on spoken of plans to revamp PvP, Foundry as well as add in new game assets for fleets ... like Starbases*
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
I think any good Ferengi worth his salt could see that, if there was a change, it is probably because faction equality won't earn much of a profit, so far as the current playerbase is concerned But shareholders don't typically respond to questions on forums. Them and the Marketing people have more control over development direction than the developers themselves.

Maybe if more players tried the Klingon faction, they might change their minds, but I've seen this issue before with City of Villains, and the "red side" never quite got all of the attention the smaller but vocal players for that faction asked for.
The problem is, these kinds of blatant contradictions and PR spin leave people unclear of what is really going on. When plans change, they need to come out and say it and stop beating around the bush. If there isnt some kind of NDA they should also tell us why. Just be *honest* and people will take things much better than saying one thing one day and then saying something completely different the next with no kind of explanation as to why it changed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
The problem is, these kinds of blatant contradictions and PR spin leave people unclear of what is really going on. When plans change, they need to come out and say it and stop beating around the bush. If there isnt some kind of NDA they should also tell us why. Just be *honest* and people will take things much better than saying one thing one day and then saying something completely different the next with no kind of explanation as to why it changed.
That I agree with. It's easier to just tell us why, and then ignore all the whining because the change, then to just say X changed. Either way though, some people are going to feel like a promise has been broken as they can't accept that things need to change.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
The only thing I want to hear is a clear answer to my question: What does PW want for the KDF? And possibly(depending on the 1st answer): Why did they change what they wanted?

What I personally may want for the KDF is totally irrelevant to the question(s) I'm asking.
Its plain and simple and you know the answer why try and start trouble, PW is a company and companies are allways changing, depending on how the information and data they get goes, there has been several respnces in here like this which does answer your question, th problem is you just dont like the answer. and nothing they say whill satisfie you so why should they bother.
Closed Thread