Lt. Commander
# 1 Massively Previews New Events
04-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Massively published a Captain's Log Supplemental entry today which previews the events that are coming up this week in STO.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
From the Massively article: "It's my understanding that the pet, as well as the access to Utopia Planitia, will be limited to the four-day event (from April 5th to 9th)..."

I'll be at PAX East April 6-8. I'll be on traveling to and from the con on April 5 and 9. I won't be able to log in at any time the event is active, and I'm probably not the only one with a schedule like this.

Can you extend this an extra day so those of us attending the big industry event of the coming weekend also get a shot at the cool stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I was so hoping that teaser image on the front page would be within the article. :p But the ones within the article are nice to look at.

I'm happy to read a positive, albeit necessarily vague, review of the upcoming KDF story mission. I'm disappointed to read confirmation that Utopia Planitia is only slated for a 4-day appearance. I sure hope the Devs can foresee the means of hooking other stuff to the zone to make it more generally available.

I guess that I'm just disappointed that I can't simply pilot the ship myself. Just because the general game has no use for such a thing - with minimum warp and no weapons whatsoever - doesn't meant we couldn't create worthy missions within The Foundry. Might the Phoenix costume be made available for Foundry authors to re-skin starships with?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2012, 12:44 AM
It might be entertaining if the Phoenix were a shuttle as opposed to a pet--i would love to be able to fly it just for the heck of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
It might be entertaining if the Phoenix were a shuttle as opposed to a pet--i would love to be able to fly it just for the heck of it.
I agree how hard can it be forCryptictojust change it to a shuttle
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Thank you for the KAW #2 lurve, Terilynn.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 08:19 AM
So is that a new starbase at U.P.S. ? Because it looks nothing like the setup we got form the KDF raid mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
Thank you for the KAW #2 lurve, Terilynn.
You're welcome! Keep up the wonderful work you do for the Klingon faction Tucana!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Some good stuff, and a good preview.

And I can't disagree about the need to celebrate First Contact Day with Steppenwolf and tequila.