Lt. Commander
# 11
04-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm a pro-KDf poster, always have been. I just don't like Carriers, they're not Trek, they're not particularly useful (I can hunt them down and destroy them easily in my Neb), they're slow, barely-functional fail-boats. They were invented and inserted into the game by the folks at Cryptic in a mistaken attempt to make up screwing the pooch on KDF content.

I'd rather they just dedicate any and all resources from Carrier making, Carrier Bug quashing, Carrier balancing, and Carrier C-Store gimmickry to actually making KDF content.

And as for Feds getting a Carrier? Homogenization is the worst, least imaginative, laziest form of balancing possible, and fed Carriers are no more canon than KDF Carriers.. Better to just get rid of them all. It solves a lot more problems than it creates.
ironic , before the big nurf of carriers BECAUSE of federation players complaining about to many fighters and tank , a carrier would murder pretty much anyone but now i think carriers need a nice revamp as they are captial ships and deserve a lot more tank and more fighters again , but i suppose thats another conversation , the carriers need a nice touch up

also im sure i can find a carrier pilot who would murder you xDD , just depends how good the captain is
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGaiden
meh beggers cant be choosers?
Youre right of course, as much as I'll hate the ship, I'll fly it because I like the play style it comes with.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
Youre right of course, as much as I'll hate the ship, I'll fly it because I like the play style it comes with.
well i come 8 years from eve and flying a carrier always has a tactical advantage on the battle field if used right also is a very team based ship , it was loads of fun with 26 fighters and a huge tank why i think if the feds get a carrier or something like it the crying will stop or should xDD
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
ironic , before the big nurf of carriers BECAUSE of federation players complaining about to many fighters and tank , a carrier would murder pretty much anyone but now i think carriers need a nice revamp as they are captial ships and deserve a lot more tank and more fighters again , but i suppose thats another conversation , the carriers need a nice touch up
I would remove, completely, each and every ship with Hangars from STO if I could, and never allow any more to be made. I loath Carriers with every fiber of my being.

This is a Star Trek Game, based on the Star Trek shows and the Star Trek movies. Taking this game further from Star Trek and closer to other, more generic Sci-Fi series is the stupidest thing I can possibly think of. And that's exactly what Carriers do.

I don't care if they're the best ships or the worse ships, i don't like them. The integrity of the Star Trek IP is more important to me than any niche interest inspired by other crappy Sci-Fi IPs.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
The integrity of the Star Trek IP is more important to me than any niche interest inspired by other crappy Sci-Fi IPs.
You know... normally I'd agree with this sentiment, but;

A. This is a game, and it is more important to have varied things to do in said game than it is to keep the IPs integrity.

and

B: Anything that went into this game had to be approved by CBS. And if they say it is ok, then who are we to argue?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
I would remove, completely, each and every ship with Hangars from STO if I could, and never allow any more to be made. I loath Carriers with every fiber of my being.

This is a Star Trek Game, based on the Star Trek shows and the Star Trek movies. Taking this game further from Star Trek and closer to other, more generic Sci-Fi series is the stupidest thing I can possibly think of. And that's exactly what Carriers do.

I don't care if they're the best ships or the worse ships, i don't like them. The integrity of the Star Trek IP is more important to me than any niche interest inspired by other crappy Sci-Fi IPs.
its a star trek based game , the whole story and series part pretty much changed when ownership of startrek changed ,as far as your hate for carriers go i will be sure to find you in pvp and show you some loving with some power syphons , besides the point this thread is to show love for the carrier not hate , so stop with your negative post please ty
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:

A. This is a game, and it is more important to have varied things to do in said game than it is to keep the IPs integrity.

and

B: Anything that went into this game had to be approved by CBS. And if they say it is ok, then who are we to argue?
A: To be more clear: The integrity of the IP and how well STO matches the universe shown in Star Trek is more important to me than any other consideration, including the "rule of cool" or game play concerns. I'd rather have the most canon Star Trek experience ever done in video game form than the biggest MMO game on the market. It's no contest for me. I'd trade away the opportunity for all the WoW subscribers (and their money) coming to STO for the opportunity to delete the Carrier codes in the game engine. Wouldn't even think twice.

B: I don't see Capitalism and it's ethic-less pursuit of profit by any cost as justification for anything, I think it's a flawed and inhuman system devoid of empathy. Ergo, the self-serving interests and money-motivated decisions of a Corporation mean absolutely nothing to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
its a star trek based game , the whole story and series part pretty much changed when ownership of startrek changed ,as far as your hate for carriers go i will be sure to find you in pvp and show you some loving with some power syphons , besides the point this thread is to show love for the carrier not hate , so stop with your negative post please ty
Just don't think all Feds hate Carriers (they don't, many are jealous and want their own, why, I have no idea) or all KDF players like them (I think they never should have been added and that they're more trouble then they're worth).

But, as per your request, I will leave your thread alone from here on out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Well, Fed Caitian carrier, I guess I'm gonna have to learn to love your probably ugly, no-nacelled, not Federation Starfleet-designed hull... I was really hoping to see a ship that was built by Earth for a carrier, and not a Federation-member races ship...

Ideally it would be this ship: http://images.wikia.com/startrek/ima...on_profile.jpg

but one that was atleast a proper Starfleet vessel would be nice. Ofcourse you guys could always talk to Warthog Studios and Activision (if they even still technically hold the licenses, as I recall Activision lost all the rights to Star Trek games after Armada 2, and I dont even know if warthog is around anymore.)
oh look.. its BSG with nacelles on it. I'm pretty sure it was said that whateer carrier feds will get, its going to have one hanger on it, so it'll be more like the Orion Flight Deck Cruisers than a true carrier like the Vo'quv or Kar'Fi. ST's version of BSG would be a full carrier, not a FDC.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:

and

Varied things to do at the sake of the IP's integrity... If that is the case...

*Throws down soap box, climbs atop, stuffs tongue firmly in cheek and bellows*

I want a My Little Pony/Xavier Roberts/Care Bears themed Federation uber carrier that has optimized variants for all three professions, with eight launch decks, more defense than an Odyssey, the turn rate to a B'Rel-R, a combat cloak and has rainbow streamers and shooting stars flying out of it's tither portion.

And with my new job I could afford to pay Cryptic 100 dollars for each and or 200 dollars for all three.

*Pulls tongue out of cheek, climbs down, puts away the soap box and marches off into the crowd a'la Daffy Duck*