Lt. Commander
# 1 Space and Ground?
04-06-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm a little confused about there Duty Officer system. I'm not really sure which ones I should keep in reserve for assignments and which ones to assign to active duty in space and ground. Currently I'm putting all commons in active duty and keeping my uncommon, rare and very rare for assignments. Is this the correct way to use these people or am I doing it wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2012, 06:56 AM
What are your goals in using hte system?

Any DOFF you put on active duty, space or ground, becomes bound and can't be traded or sold to other players. So there is a cost to slotting them there.

Better quality DOFFs of the same job have enhanced effects. So, for example, a white explosives expert has a 20% chance of creating a bonus level 1 mortar whenever you or your BOFFs creates one. A blue explosives expert has the same 20% chance, but its a level 3 mortar. A purple not only creates level 3s, but creates *2* of them on that 20% chance.

Other jobs may have a better chance of the effect occuring, or a combination of improved chance and improved effect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Bound DOFFS still can be used for exchange assignments, and the 5to1 swaps at the academies (within the usual limits, like not bought with Dil).