Lt. Commander
# 1 DOFF how does it work
04-05-2012, 05:10 AM
I know how the DOFF System works a little but what I do not understand I bought increase pack from C-Store I almost maxed it out .
But when I have 20 assigments it blocks but still have plenty DOFF's running arround even when I put half off them on ships duty I still have plenty left .

So why I can't get more assigments done ??? Why only 20 ???

Greets J.Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2012, 05:18 AM
20 is the limit for active assignments, you have to wait until one complete to start another, thats just how it is
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2012, 05:19 AM
So why these packs in Store why is that ???
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2012, 05:20 AM
I assume it's a balance mechanism. I easily make 500 to 1,000 Dil a day from my 20 assignments. If I had 40 I'd just be making twice that much. That's a lot of Dilithium for what amounts to 5-10 minutes of work a day picking DOFF Missions.

You should probably be upgrading your DOFFs as well. Go to the Academy and trade some Whites for Green, Greens, for Blue, and so on. The better the DOFF quality the more Dil you can make from those MIssions. That will also thin out your DOFFs.

The Packs give you better quality DOFFs, and more opportunity for desired Traits - such as Resolve.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk
the packs are for more DOFFs not for more active assignment slots.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2012, 05:32 AM
Different DOFF's work better for different missions than others. It isn't just the DOFF or it's quality, but the crit traits they come with.

The reason for the C-Store packs is beefing up your roster, with a better chance at the extremely rare Duty Officer's than the individual recruitment. Moreover, the Gamma Quadrant packs typically contain DOFF's with the "Resolve" trait, which is uncharacteristically valuable nowadays.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Larger doff pool = greater chance of having the right duty officer for the right mission, or for the right ability in ground/space combat. Also gives you more space to store stuff to later convert up. Means you have a higher chance of always having the doff you need to do the missions you want, rather then being in the reverse situation of only picking missions because those are the only ones you have the officers for at any specific time.

Other doff packs are, as people indicated, just a higher chance at better duty officers faster then the standard recruitment cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Larger doff pool = greater chance of having the right duty officer for the right mission, or for the right ability in ground/space combat. Also gives you more space to store stuff to later convert up. Means you have a higher chance of always having the doff you need to do the missions you want, rather then being in the reverse situation of only picking missions because those are the only ones you have the officers for at any specific time.
And the real advantage to that is the with more DOFF Traits to choose from you can fill the Mission requirements more fully and have a better chance at the Critical Successes. That means instead of earning 5 Dil at completion you can earn 125. 4-6 Missions paying out 125 is much better then 4-6 Missions paying out 5.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirk
To increase the quality of your crew so that assignments are completed with higher return.