Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Back by popular demand, "TOS TUESDAYS" Strap on your "old school" gear and join the HERITAGE FLEET in saving the galaxy!

Don Van Wormer
Admiral, Deputy Commander
The 7th Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Looking forward to it sir! I"ll be there with my Oberth class!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Great things happen with the original 'Lucky' 7th Fleet. We've been here through thick and thin, since closed beta. Accept no substitutes or imposters.

We are military friendly, and we run several pre-planned events scheduled on a recurring weekly and monthly basis. If you think you have what it takes to become a member of one the best fleets in STO, then fill out an application today.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
What my buddy said, we are the ORIGINAL 7th Fleet. Tag is "The 7th Fleet". So all those 7th. Fleet, Lucky 7th Fleet........well they're not the real 7th
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Regular STF groups? Check.

Weekly scheduled events*? Check

Monthly scheduled events**? Check

Members of varying backgrounds that all "get" what it is to work together as a team? Double-check

Opportunities to lead based on performance, activity and drive? Triple-check

Outstanding artistic support in the form of ship patches, fleet activity footage, and personalized signatures? Check-a-mundo

Come to our site, see what we have to offer and compare it to other fleets.

* Examples:
TOS Tuesdays (as mentioned by the Fleet Vice Admiral) - do missions in vintage/heritage ships and equipment
Kick-A-Tribble - KDF side content is a lot more fun in a group, especially when it comes to pillaging and waging war

** Examples:
Operation Ares - quarterly in-house PvP matches for bragging rights and the chance to earn a "Battle E"
Bass Pro Shop - crafting material gathering event to stock up the Fleet bank, so Fleet crafters can make items for Fleet members
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Mr. Hanson, Has the fleet recruiter / ambassador / jack of all trades and a master of none... I want to say that your doing an excellent job and thank you...

COMSEVENTHFLT
E. Fortin
Lt. Commander
If you already like STO, you'll love it once you join the 7th Fleet.

The requirements are very minimal, just join us in game, in our Fleet Vent chat, and sign onto the Fleet web site once per month to stay active. If you want to take a break from playing you can just send a message on the Fleet site that you will be "on leave."

I really like how this Fleet has the element of role playing in that there is a command structure, and it is very well organized, but it is done in a way that is fun for the players. No one is bossy or pushy; they are all friendly and helpful, and the Fleet Admirals call YOU sir when you're just an Ensign.

The events that were mentioned up thread are only some of the ones I've been able to participate in since I joined the Fleet over a year ago. And, they are always fun.

I've seen Fleet members give detailed help to other members to spec out their ships, equipment and skills very often. We've even got a few Fleet members who have given expert technical support to other Fleet members whose computer equipment had problems, preventing them from playing the game. They were able to get the machines fixed very quickly.

One thing I can definitely say is that joining the 7th Fleet really made STO stand out for me as an MMO that keeps me coming back. They've added a lot of good things to the game, and it is constantly getting better, but none of these games are all that great without a great bunch of players to play them with. That, you will find here in the 7th Fleet. I cannot recommend this great group of players highly enough.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm new to this fleet still, and can say that it has already been a lot of fun. I definitely recommend this fleet to both the casual and hardcore STO player!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint View Post
Mr. Hanson, Has the fleet recruiter / ambassador / jack of all trades and a master of none..

COMSEVENTHFLT
E. Fortin
Umm, Thanks? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-20-2012, 06:19 AM
I'd like to welcome Ensign Helia to the 7th Fleet! Welcome!