Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
I wouldn't care so much about having to doff, and having to PvE so much if there was something in the game you had to PvP for. People say "Well don't complain about having to actually play the game" this would be less annoying except you are required to play every part of the game except PvP to get the best PvP gear!
Agreed. 1000x.

PVPing actually slows your progression towards any of these listed items. My biggest issues, personally, is how little the EC rewards for Arena matches are. ~22k EC for placing 1st? But i do get useless skill points, so i guess it all evens out.

Dilithium rewards are fine though.

If you dont kill Borg in Kerrat, and arent a Klingon, you get nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusNCC1701
Another pvp post asking for nerfs. You could just learn to counter act these devices.
how is asking that items cant be used in pvp a nerf? they wouldnt effect pve at all and if anything saves the items for when u run into a really pesky borg cube or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooanthrope
Agreed. 1000x.

PVPing actually slows your progression towards any of these listed items. My biggest issues, personally, is how little the EC rewards for Arena matches are. ~22k EC for placing 1st? But i do get useless skill points, so i guess it all evens out.

Dilithium rewards are fine though.

If you dont kill Borg in Kerrat, and arent a Klingon, you get nothing.

Good call.

Should be something like 75k for the winning TEAM and 20K for the losing side. Not based on scoreboard, Maybe even 100K and 25K, maybe a little too much though. 50K and 25K perhaps? Maybe like 500 dilithium if you win.

Thinking more, wasn't the only way to get the Purple Cap3 Mk X shield through PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Are these kind of threads ever gonna end?

What i mean is, all the items in the game are available to everybody, it's just the thing if you care enough to invest your time and patience to get them all. I honestly don't care what people use in PvP, we get in a PvP with Klingons so many times with them using assimilators and what, to get out of a fight cos they use it? Come on, that's totally childish, you have to adapt to it and that's it, stay away of the assimiliator and think of a strategy to fight them. If you loose, you loose, at least you will see what you have to improve or do to win next time. I personaly don't use any of the "so called" P2W consoles, not cos i can't get them, just cos they don't work out for me and the style i play, it's just a waist of space.

Consoles, batteries, Omega set, FAW, all the time there is something to whine about.....get over it people.

Would Cpt. Sisko say to Dominion: "sorry, you are using pay to win consoles and i might loose, so i won't fight you?"

Mommy, mommy, they are using subnuke on me, and that mean person is using FAW with Omega set, that's not fair, i don't wanna play anymore....

This is broken, that is broken, well boo-hoo, tough luck for you. I had my *** kicked so many times by players and teams using so many different items and tactics and every time i learned something from it. Unless somebody is using an external application not available to others ingame, i won't complain.

People can say whatever they want, but my opinion is that gaming community consists of so many spoiled whiny brats that should get a grip on real beep life!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah! Real beep life you silly beepers! Who cares about beepy things like balance? Bunch of beepity beep beeping beepers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2012, 01:20 AM
the doff thing is kinda growing me. Adds flavor and makes your builds more unique (see flavor of the month) I agree with the rest of it tho too. Also consoles can take a hike
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Yeah! Real beep life you silly beepers! Who cares about beepy things like balance? Bunch of beepity beep beeping beepers.
You can be sarcastic as much as you want, but i don't see balance anywhere.... past, present or future, real or virtual life. There are big armed forces on this planet that kick everyone's *** for resources, do they care for balance before they start a war under false pretense?

I'm out on this topic, no point anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
I wouldn't care so much about having to doff, and having to PvE so much if there was something in the game you had to PvP for. People say "Well don't complain about having to actually play the game" this would be less annoying except you are required to play every part of the game except PvP to get the best PvP gear!
Couldn't have put it better.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2012, 03:32 AM
It makes me wonder if that's really the same Cryptic that made Champions, where I could level a char and get even the best equipment by -only- doing endless pvp matches.

Too bad that running around with the funniestest looking bozos don't compare to the feeling of space battles. But here, endgame pvp rewards are kinda' non-existent - 3 arena matches won roughly equals a not-too-lucky STF. Maybe someone realized that the sheer enjoyment of making other people taste space is it's own reward. Sadly he was right, but I wouldn't mind if there would be some motivation for others to queue and realize that.

Anyways, what was the thread about? Yeah, if I could ask one thing from the big C, it would be 'don't make me PvE'.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus_arctos View Post
You can be sarcastic as much as you want, but i don't see balance anywhere.... past, present or future, real or virtual life. There are big armed forces on this planet that kick everyone's *** for resources, do they care for balance before they start a war under false pretense?

I'm out on this topic, no point anyway.
Good, go back to role playing. It's a game not real life. Games need balance oh and real life has balance too.

PS I love hunting your pos fleet that uses every broken thing they can find just to face roll a pug.