Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Good, go back to role playing. It's a game not real life. Games need balance oh and real life has balance too.

PS I love hunting your pos fleet that uses every broken thing they can find just to face roll a pug.
You are so wrong about some things regarding our fleet just 'cos of just one player who can't find a decent way to express his opinion, not my intention to start a fight here. If you love hunting our fleet, good for you, have fun, what can I say. All I can say is that you are not my enemy and I like playing you and other power players cos people like you bring out the best out of others.

Regarding the thread, there are so many people talking about broken things and in 99% of PvP's i see those players using those things, and when they loose, they find something new to complain no matter that we all start from the same point in the game. We'll end up playing with shuttles so nobody can say somebody cheats or exploits things available to all of us at the same time.

There is no out on this, cos as I said so many times, there will always be people to complain when they loose, and when they win they are the best. It's always like this, not anyone to think that I'm talking about somebody specific or some specific fleet. It's a general thing. You are all great players and I enjoy playing you every time, I'm just sick and tired of double standards that occur more and more lately.

I really can't be bothered with things like this any more, who uses what, who plays which way, stereotypes on certain fleets cos of some players, no matter if it's our Ad Infinitum or Sad Pandas, or TSI, or Lafamilia or any other of the great fleets. I really don't see from where all the antagonism comes from in a game that represents something spectacular as Star Trek philosophy, honestly. The only reason i can think of is that inevitably we have many very young people who still do not understand some norms of interaction in society, but then we all live in different cultures and maybe I'm the one who is wrong in all this. Maybe I'm just too old at 33 to understand the culture of gaming society, really don't know

Before i go in too deep and loose myself, the summary from my point of view - don't hate anyone (God forbid ), really like playing with and against all of you guys cos every time I learn something new. I can not say I represent Ad Infinitum fleet here, but i can tell you there are many cool people there who don't write on forums or chat channels cos they don't know English well enough to evade being misunderstood. Don't judge a group by a member.

Crimson, stay cool and have fun and if you ever wanna come to Croatia for a summer vacation,I'll be glad to show you around.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-06-2012, 07:40 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2012, 07:50 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus_arctos View Post
blah
btw, the topic is temporary competitive distortion
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Hetzer
ADD? btw, the topic is temporary competitive distortion
sorry, i get too much into all sorts of things, no post from me on forum anymore....i apologize for this, i think it's called trolling!?
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
PvP shouldn't be about how many temporary bonuses you can stack for when you run into a difficult team.
If one thinks what happens if teams compete without any restrictions just to win at all costs (or force the other team to warp out) in such an environment, we end up with razor strategies. Lure the other team into using their temporary buffs, run & cloak/MES, wait several minutes or hours for the buffs to wear off and repeat if necessary. Once the enemy team has run out of temporary buffs, apply your own and attack.

It's similar to some of the P2W consoles or Scramble back in the day. Yes, it can be countered. But no, it is not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus_arctos View Post
Are these kind of threads ever gonna end?

What i mean is, all the items in the game are available to everybody, it's just the thing if you care enough to invest your time and patience to get them all. I honestly don't care what people use in PvP, we get in a PvP with Klingons so many times with them using assimilators and what, to get out of a fight cos they use it? Come on, that's totally childish, you have to adapt to it and that's it, stay away of the assimiliator and think of a strategy to fight them. If you loose, you loose, at least you will see what you have to improve or do to win next time. I personaly don't use any of the "so called" P2W consoles, not cos i can't get them, just cos they don't work out for me and the style i play, it's just a waist of space.

Consoles, batteries, Omega set, FAW, all the time there is something to whine about.....get over it people.

Would Cpt. Sisko say to Dominion: "sorry, you are using pay to win consoles and i might loose, so i won't fight you?"

Mommy, mommy, they are using subnuke on me, and that mean person is using FAW with Omega set, that's not fair, i don't wanna play anymore....

This is broken, that is broken, well boo-hoo, tough luck for you. I had my *** kicked so many times by players and teams using so many different items and tactics and every time i learned something from it. Unless somebody is using an external application not available to others ingame, i won't complain.

People can say whatever they want, but my opinion is that gaming community consists of so many spoiled whiny brats that should get a grip on real beep life!
this + 1000000000
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Using broken powers and know they are broken to get an edge is fair? Least your last post took some of the high road. Not normally like thid, but something about members of your fleet rub me the wrong way.

Thanks for the offer, however I think I would visit Italy first. My father has been to Yugoslavia before. Said it was a nice country before the war.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't buy the "everything is broken" justification. I can't do anything about it but I certainly don't mind reminding anyone when they rely too heavily on these things. It's also interesting to see someone complaining about something then go on to abuse those things themselves (as if being touched by naughty things one too many times makes it ok). I'm not religious but do unto others isn't a bad concept.

I just don't see the point in abusing something because it's broken. Beep that beep.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I just don't see the point in abusing something because it's broken. Beep that beep.
This isn't about abusing broken things. Broken things eventually tend to get fixed, and everyone is free to use them. Like Graviton Pulse Generator.

This is about where we want PvP to go. Do we want to have things turn into a never ending grind, where we need to make sure to be stacked up with consumables and pre-game buffs for when we run into someone the same of better than us? Or do we want a game the is primarily about skill? Would you rather lose to a team that is more skilled than you, or a team that is more sad and willing to grind every waking moment?

If you have a fight between a TSI and SP A-team you never know who is going to win. But what if TSI has stacks of Ablative Jevonite saved up for an across the board team wide 20% health increase? Now they are far more likely to win. It would be even worse if TSI had team batteries -- Now they have 125 power to all subsystems for 95% of the match, and they'll undoubtedly win if the other team doesn't also use team batteries.

Or imagine a fleet that is not at that level, let's say 12th fleet for the sake of argument. In this hypothetical scenario 12th fleet has finally found a use for their PvEr slaves to grind them an endless supply of consumables. They meet up against TSI, who just used the remainder of their pre-game buffs to beat SP into the ground. 12th fleet cashes in all of their assignment bonuses, jevonite, and chains team batteries. They have the equivalent of twice as many console slots worth of assignment buffs, have 125 power the entire match, and have a flat 20% hit point increase. A group that normally wouldn't have very high odds against a TSI A-team now has the tools to pull off a grand coup. But it's a pyrrhic victory -- both sides know that the win had nothing to do with skill.

And it's only going to get worse as time goes on. Cryptic wants to create more currency sinks in the game, and this is one of the methods they've adopted. We're already at the point where the bonuses are strong enough to potentially change the outcome of a match from 15-0 to 0-15. Imagine where we'll be six months from now. These items are like Cryptic sanctioned double shields (which explains why some people want to see them stay in PvP I guess :p). In fact, who here can't see the possibility of a double shield consumable sometime in the future?

It's not really even a unique or unreasonable change. Plenty of MMOs, including TOR, have separate consumables for PvP and PvE for exactly the same reasons I've outlined.

Scorpion fighters and dueterium aren't as terrible as the rest, but have been thrown into the list to be consistent. I'd rather see all lame pre-game grinds out of this game than see some bad ones slip through the cracks if Cryptic picks and chooses which pre-game bonuses are good or bad to be let into PvP.

Cryptic has a choice: Cheesy, lame-sauce, not fun, grind-to-win PvP, or skill-to-win PvP (admittedly now with some pay-to-win peppered in). By not being idiots, banding together, and nipping this threat to PvP in the bud we might be able to assure the later remains true and the former is forever avoided.