Lt. Commander
# 21
04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
It's a good day to buy Klingon C-Store items!

QA'PLA!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Are the doff crew extension worth it?

I like the doff system and I'm curious if having 7 phtonic studies guys in my crew will really improve my odds of getting rewards in the system. Of its just for pokemon players who need to collect as many Doffs as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
KInda sucks I brought the Yellowstone just Yesterday ...

Well there was stuff I wanted but I really did not need ... I suppose I will take advantage of it (expecially a respec).
I just bought the Intrepid yesterday myself. I think this is why they didn't advertise it earlier, as I would have waited a day.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I wish that there was a "warning" that there was a sale coming, instead of just Poping up with the sale the day it starts. Would be nice to know that there was a sale and to save C-store points or Transfer Dilithium to C-store points for those sales ahead of time before the Market starts to inflate.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
i sadly did something similar in regards to buying something yesterday...oh well
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Are the doff crew extension worth it?
Going to 200 is definitely worthwhile. Beyond that I'd say throw them in to the 1-for-5 grinder to stay under the 200 line.

I'll be taking my 3 alts up to 200 with this sale. =)
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
sweet! I just transferred all my dil from my main toon back to cpoints to be used for a kling toon I just started, now instead of heading back to the dil exchange I can buy stuff cheap from the cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I wish that there was a "warning" that there was a sale coming, instead of just Poping up with the sale the day it starts. Would be nice to know that there was a sale and to save C-store points or Transfer Dilithium to C-store points for those sales ahead of time before the Market starts to inflate.
A sale effectively starts when it is announced. Any market impact will be felt when it announced and all a delay in allowing purchases until some future point does is create a period during which no purchases are made.

Imagine if today they had announced there would be a sale starting the 8th and ending the 11th. You would have still spent more on what you already bought pre announcement, the dilithium to C-point rate would already start adjusting and everyone would wait until Sunday for the sales prices to go into effect to purchase things they wanted to buy. Only difference by not pre-announcing is that people can start purchasing items on sale immediately.

The only way a "warning" would help anyone is if they were part of some small group that were the only ones who knew the sale was coming.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I was gonna refrain from buyin points, but I used the Sale and KDF Week as an excuse to by the Vandal... that ship is sexy... now just put Suricata's ship revamp in game so I can use it for end game PvE
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
I just bought the Intrepid yesterday myself. I think this is why they didn't advertise it earlier, as I would have waited a day.
For exactly that reason. The goal with sales is to increase their revenue. If you were not going to wait for a sale to buy the Intrepid, then they would have lost that extra revenue by giving you a warning, because like you said, who would buy something they do not really need today when they know it will be cheaper if they wait a day or a week?